Midi Looper

I’d really love to see a MIDI looper on the MOD platform, particularly with quantization. Bastl’s MIDILOOPER hardware certainly makes an argument for there being a use case.

4 Likes

Yup

I would also love a midi looper. I have a few already, but the only one I use is the Squarp Pyramid because it has a recording mode that constantly over-writes content, and therefor acts exactly as an old-school tape loop. This method is far better for live use than anything on an MPC, Maschine, or most other tools which are not ‘live friendly’.

I’d love to have a simple midi looper for live sessions.
Not really skilled dev, but if someone already done plugins, I’ll be happy to help :wink:

1 Like

Any possibilities on having such looper as a plugin?

Such projects don’t just happen by themselves. Someone would have to take the time to develop it.

Unless there is already something opensource that can be ported.

1 Like

True!
And in this case, there is a such open source project : GitHub - jean-emmanuel/loop192: minimal live MIDI looper ])

I Just dug into max and gen. Maybe I Will be able to port it by myself one day

1 Like

It’s like @dreamer said, it’s the time factor. If I had limitless time I would happily port it to LV2/MOD, unfortunately I’ve already to much on my plate. But, it’s licensed under the FREE BSD0 license which means it is free to use for what ever someone wants to do with it without any restrictions. FREE BSD0 is like Public Domain.

1 Like

Hm? here it says GPL-3.0 license .

Edit: wait no you meant your own Mamba project :slight_smile:

I don’t know much about patchstorage and I don’t have a ZOIA, but I’m wondering how portable this is:

Could this be done with the built in MIDI plugins MOD has?