Memory leak on Duo X LE?

greetings!

i’m currently running a large pedalboard on my Duo X LE. it generally sits at around 73% CPU @ 256 frames (just flickers orange occasionally) and between 25% and 45% RAM, depending on usage.

i’ve noticed that if i have it running for some hours, the RAM number gradually climbs up to 95%+. then, it seems like it goes back to the normal range if i refresh my browser GUI.

so i’m wondering if this is expected, and if it is ONLY related to usage with the browser GUI connected. it all makes me nervous of untethered usage, because there’s no way of watching CPU or RAM numbers on the device itself.

…possibly another argument for hardware resource meters?.. or is this actually a complete non-issue when i’m not connected to a browser?

does anybody know about such arcane things for such an arcane device?! :thinking: :rofl: :pray: :crossed_fingers:

p.s. yes, of course there are beta plugins on the board! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: :innocent:

4 Likes

Regarding monitoring, I believe there is some “top” command variant (I like htop) on the device. I’m away from my dwarf, so I can’t confirm, but I do recall running a top-like command on the dwarf at some point.

If you SSH to your DuoX LE, execute “htop” or “top”, you should see memory and CPU usage. if you just want memory usage, “free -h” should do the trick, but you’ll need to run it periodically, as it prints the current memory usage and then quits.

2 Likes

That indeed sounds like a memory leak.

Care to share the pedalboard so that others might try to reproduce?

1 Like

hey @dreamer i wish i could… the share dialog gets stuck on “waiting for a screenshot…”.

…oh, oops: it just takes a very long time to make the screenshot! :stuck_out_tongue:

finally got it, and here it is:

…note that i’m on a Duo X LE

2 Likes

@plutek I saw that there are some Beta-Plugins in the board. Maybe this is the reason…?

i suppose that’s possible… i’ll try swapping those out after my show tomorrow.
although many of the beta plugins are irreplaceable. :frowning:

1 Like