Low volume when using Drop plugin

Hello from a novel MOD Dwarf owner.

One thing I need is (for a couple of measures in certain songs) is to turn my standard tuned bass (EADG) to the last 4 of a 5 string bass (so BEAD). I used the Drop plugin for that. I set it up with Hi-Fi (not a very busy pedal board so I had no CPU issues). What I heard was the note correctly tracked (and also good sounding to my ears) but also a sudden drop in volume when I activated that particular pedal.

Anyone had the same need/use and like to share some insight on how I’m doing things wrong :smiley: ?

Thanks in advance for all your answers.

2 Likes

Have you tried to compensate with volume after it?
This is indeed not ideal, does the same after if you don’t “drop” the signal with the plugin, but if you simply have it on?
If yes, I would say that maybe something needs to be checked with the plugin.

2 Likes

Thanks for the answers, I’ll check everything when I’ll get home.

The “right” thing to do for compensating the volume would be Volume or Gain right after the Drop and then switch everything on and off with a Switchbox 2-1 when I need to?

3 Likes

Yes, that would work.

2 Likes

The gain or volume would work. But is the drop in volume due to your speaker not having a flat frequency response for the lower notes?

3 Likes

News here. When the drop “amount” is zero there’s volume lowering, even if not so much when I set semitones higher than zero. The amount doesn’t seem to be related to it.

The same happens in the headphones output as well as the “main” output connected to the amp.

2 Likes

I’m connected to a bass amp, and I tested it also with the headphones jack to be sure it wasn’t my amp not behaving well with the pitch shifting.

Thanks for the input.

2 Likes

So this to me seems like a sort of bug, or at least an issue with the plugin that should be corrected. I will report it.

4 Likes