List of plugins with tap tempo

So you don’t go looking for them aimlessly.

Generator:
mod-mda-DX10
mod-mda-EPiano

Spatial:
tap-autopan

Modulator:
Shiro Harmless
Shiro Larynx
fomp cs_chorus1
fomp cs_chorus2
fomp cs_phaser1_lfo
fomp triple_chorus
invada inv_phaser (all three)
mod-mda-Thruzero
tap-chorusflanger
tap-tremolo

Delay:
Bollie Delay
Shiro Modulay
invada inv_delay (both)
mod-caps-Scape
mod-mda-DubDelay
tap-echo
tap-reflector

5 Likes

This work with MIDI?

No. It is a MOD only feature that uses the “unit” from the port.

is this list still current?

Half of those delays I can’t seem to get working with the tap tempo. I can assign rate and depth or whatever to but not the actual tempo. Infuriating.

We removed tap-tempo for plugins, being replaced by the tempo divider related options.
Only the global BPM can used as tap-tempo right now

3 Likes

Thanks

Here is how to use Tap tempo and any other time based parameters: https://wiki.moddevices.com/wiki/Tutorial:_Using_Time_Based_Parameters

1 Like

Any chance of being able to filter the existing plugin lists to only show ones which support tap tempo? That would be better than having to check the forums for a hand-curated list which presumably is at risk of going out of date as plugins develop. By “existing plugin lists”, I mean either/both of https://pedalboards.moddevices.com/plugins and the plugin list in the device’s web UI.

2 Likes

Well, I’d say there is not really a need for that, since…

You cannot use tap-tempo with plugins anymore, since v1.8.
It makes a lot more sense to map tempo related units.
We did not have this before, but now that we do, we went ahead and took out the plugins’ tap-tempo options.

Now, listing the plugins that have tempo-mappable parameters would indeed be useful.
How to present such “filters” is the question. Because once we add one, we will want more :slight_smile:

That’s what I meant :wink:

Yes, there is a UI design challenge here :slightly_smiling_face: Maybe just a “More filters” which expands when clicked?

I haven’t gotten my Mod Dwarf unit yet. Is it possible to have a switch work as a tap tempo but also be held down to activate a tuner?

1 Like

Hi @Cato ! There is a built-in tuner that is accessible by pressing the two left footswitches simultaneously. Actually, you can also set global tempo there as well. But, I believe you can assign a footswitch to do tap tempo for a specific plugin.

1 Like

Great. Thanks!

2 Likes