Left knob starting to act up

Hi,
The left knob has starting acting up in the past two weeks. When I turn it left/right, it doesnt always react. Also it sometimes does the opposite to what I ask it. Its frustrating as this controls my banks in live concerts so you can imagine the stress when this is going wrong live.

Can you please advise on how to fix this issue?

Many thanks in advance.
Padraig

PS = Up to date on software updates etc.

Hello @Liosbeg
Is the function click of the knob working?

What do you mean by does the opposite?

Is this problem happening all the time? How fast are you turning the knob?

It happens to me too, when I turn it faster.
The click works, and Im up to date too.

This issue in specific, is actually a (known) software issue and not a hardware one.
Will be fixed in a future software update.

1 Like

It happens only when I turn left or right. The push button function works perfectly. so when on stage and going between banks it wont choose the correct one … it flickers between them randomly. Also when using it as a volume controller live it doesnt follow what I ask it and can increase the volume rather than decrease within the effect … you can imagine how bad this is for live concerts.

Is there any guidance on repairs for this or is it something at the top of your list of corrections already?

Thanks,
Padraig

Are you able to reproduce the problem all the time?

Is possible to reproduce the same behavior using the other knob?

Yes, it happens everytime. The other knob works perfectly and this never happens with that one - only the left.

I’ll contact you giving details how to proceed in order to repair your mod.

Thanks ricardo

Hi Ricardo. I didnt receive any email re how to fix this problem … if you get time to do so I would be very grateful. Thanks,
Padraig

Hello Padraig.

I’ve contacted you here, via PM. Anyway, I’m sending an e-mail now.

1 Like

I have this problem, too - left button only.
Sporadically.
Most often it comes around some frantic turning…
I’d love to be able to repair my Mod,
so please send me the remedy!
TIA

My mod is having the same issue, left knob. Almost every time now…

same issue here. left knob only. i’ve been able to work with it by turning really slowly, but normal or quick turning definitely produces erratic results (including downwards movement when turning upwards).

i’m on 1.4.0.389-RC3

@falkTX @ricardocrudo : Out of curiosity (I am not sure it is relevant for this problem), does the mod contain a mechanism for allowing you guys to log onto it remotely in case you need to assess or fix something ?

I suppose there is always the option to use reverse SSH, but that first requires a quite technical manual intervention of the user to initiate the ssh tunnel. I suppose the best way would be to have the ssh tunnel being initiated automatically via some menu on the Mod. Is this something that is already implemented in the Mod ?

@Mike_James and @plutek I’ll contact you guys via PM giving details how to repair your MOD.

No! That would be a backdoor. :slight_smile:

Anyway, in this case the SSH access won’t help.

If the backdoor can only be activated by the user via the mod’s menu, I don’t see it as a problem.

1 Like

Hi,

I’m unfortunately having the same issue, for quite a while, I thought it was a bit too sensitive but as I add more pedalboards it’s becoming a liability accessing banks between songs at gigs. When @falkTX says it will be addressed in a firmware update does that mean in 1.4.0 final, or after that?

The MOD would have to be reachable via network from the outside in the first place, or by itself be able to connect to the Internet somehow (and establish a connection that can be used to call back). The MOD can do neither [1].

All communications (plugin-updates, pedalboard sharing etc) happen via the web-browser. Internet <> local web browser <> MOD (the MOD is not on the same network).

[1] Well, you can manually reconfigure the MOD to not provide its own network and/or configure your LAN to allow the MOD to connect or be reachable from the outside.

1 Like