Labels/Text Boxes

Would it be possible to add a feature where you could insert text boxes to add notes/reminders on the pedalboard?
Kind of like Post-it notes.
With larger setups it could make it easier to find out where everything is.

Also an option to colour code the cables or group items.

6 Likes

I think @falkTX has some news that may make you happy :wink:
I will leave for him the pleasure to deliver them :grin:

2 Likes

You mean something like this? :blush:

One of the new kinds of plugins possible in v1.10, coming soon.

19 Likes

:ok_hand:t3:
I feel spoiled :smiley:

1 Like

Iā€™ve never ever looked forward to a release more than to v1.10

2 Likes

My Mod Duo will be the the only pedal to have shopping list option !
I love that! :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

ā€¦been hankering after this for years!
woot!

:heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Great feature ā€“ will definitely make use of this! Will the text be uploaded when sharing a pedal board online?

2 Likes

Me tooā€¦ :sweat_smile:

It will not be part of the screenshot, but if you load the pedalboard you will be able to see the text.

2 Likes

Nice! Would it make sense to use notes as pedal board description if only one of these notes is present?

personally, iā€™d say noā€¦ seems unlikely to me that just a description would be the most useful info a user would want stored with the pedalboard, vis-a-vis its usage.

i.e. if i was going to decide on only one note, itā€™d be something i need in order to operate it, like details about external controllers or some such.

1 Like

I tend to agreeā€¦ users have built some crazy big and complex pedal boards. Still: it would be better than the current state of affairs and if need be, a user manual could fit into that note, as well. But yeah, definitely makeshift territory.

1 Like

if this is a ā€˜note moduleā€™ then why not give it an attribute, off by default, called ā€˜pedalboard_descriptionā€™
if itā€™s on, the text is used as the description.
do these notes support anything more than plain text?
can they be given a different color background?
different font/size?

2 Likes

This is based on GitHub - OpenMusicKontrollers/notes.lv2

It would be nice if we could have markdown in the render maybe (but that would need a toggle between edit and view).

1 Like

markdown would need to parse user input. I am not comfortable doing that, since adding <script> would be trivial in there. then we would need to sanitize the inputā€¦ itā€™s complicated.

font-size is configurable.
is color useful to be as well? most colors do not work right, so maybe just a pre-set list of them would be okayā€¦

4 Likes

yeah agreed. just that some formatting ā€œcouldā€ be nice. v2 maybe :slight_smile:

1 Like