Introducing the MOD Desktop - Beta release

Alright! Thanks!

macOS 13.5.2 (22G91)
Apple M2 Pro

1 Like

NICE system @unbracketed !
Sam x

I ran MOD Desktop App for a few hours at rehearsal last night. Ran it at 64 frames, NAM + IR, got some compliments on the tone. I didn’t check before I started, but the battery is still at 84%.

4 Likes

I’m using the desktop app in linux + JACK, but I don’t understand how can I connect MIDI to the app.

if MIDI is enabled and nothing is blocking access to ALSA MIDI devices, then it should “just work”.

there is no split midi view for now, all devices go through the same MIDI IO on the pedalboard

I don’t think I got it. In JACK graph I see no midi input ports in the mod app “block”. How can I wire, say, an external sequencer app’s midi output or a virtual keyboard to the app?

As falkTX said: it’s opening the ALSA midi devices directly.

Not sure how we can pass midi in/out of the mod-app on Linux from/to other programs this way.

you cannot do this, not at the moment anyhow. only physical devices are supported at the moment.

Just two questions from an OSX Mojave user.

  1. I think it is not possible to install it on these old versions of Mac correct?
  2. If I install it on a PC with Windows 10, do I need to connect my Mod Duo X via USB? Mod App doesn’t work with wi-fi dongle?

Thanks in advance

MOD App does not connect to a MOD device.

1 Like

MOD Desktop app is stand alone. Works without MOD device. You have to connect your guitar via audio interface.

1 Like

Yes, doesn’t work on Mojave but ok on Catalina.

1 Like

Sorry for the misunderstanding, thanks

Ah ok.

Too bad, I would using the desktop app to prototype and test some pedalboards during lunch break, and carrying a keyboard at would would be a little too noticeable… :wink:

Is this in the roadmap?

Question for the community - is “MOD Desktop App” a weird name? would “MOD Desktop” sound better?

5 Likes

Yes, I think it less confusing as we may used to have apps to control a device (and it’s not the case here).

Both sound ok to me but I personally prefer MOD Desktop.

agree. ‘MOD Desktop’ - simpler and more clear!

“MOD Desktop” seems clear enough and is shorter so I think it’s a better name.