Introducing the MOD Desktop - Beta release

then I dont think your backup includes any pedalboards

Alright! Thanks!

macOS 13.5.2 (22G91)
Apple M2 Pro

1 Like

NICE system @unbracketed !
Sam x

I ran MOD Desktop App for a few hours at rehearsal last night. Ran it at 64 frames, NAM + IR, got some compliments on the tone. I didnā€™t check before I started, but the battery is still at 84%.

4 Likes

Iā€™m using the desktop app in linux + JACK, but I donā€™t understand how can I connect MIDI to the app.

if MIDI is enabled and nothing is blocking access to ALSA MIDI devices, then it should ā€œjust workā€.

there is no split midi view for now, all devices go through the same MIDI IO on the pedalboard

I donā€™t think I got it. In JACK graph I see no midi input ports in the mod app ā€œblockā€. How can I wire, say, an external sequencer appā€™s midi output or a virtual keyboard to the app?

As falkTX said: itā€™s opening the ALSA midi devices directly.

Not sure how we can pass midi in/out of the mod-app on Linux from/to other programs this way.

you cannot do this, not at the moment anyhow. only physical devices are supported at the moment.

Just two questions from an OSX Mojave user.

1. I think it is not possible to install it on these old versions of Mac correct?
  2. If I install it on a PC with Windows 10, do I need to connect my Mod Duo X via USB? Mod App doesnā€™t work with wi-fi dongle?

Thanks in advance

MOD App does not connect to a MOD device.

1 Like

MOD Desktop app is stand alone. Works without MOD device. You have to connect your guitar via audio interface.

1 Like

Yes, doesnā€™t work on Mojave but ok on Catalina.

1 Like

Sorry for the misunderstanding, thanks

Ah ok.

Too bad, I would using the desktop app to prototype and test some pedalboards during lunch break, and carrying a keyboard at would would be a little too noticeableā€¦ :wink:

Is this in the roadmap?

Question for the community - is ā€œMOD Desktop Appā€ a weird name? would ā€œMOD Desktopā€ sound better?

5 Likes

Yes, I think it less confusing as we may used to have apps to control a device (and itā€™s not the case here).

Both sound ok to me but I personally prefer MOD Desktop.

agree. ā€˜MOD Desktopā€™ - simpler and more clear!