Introducing Portal

Yes, this is right, I got some flangering in some setups. But with a setup that avoids that flangering it is not hearabel to me. I am a guitar and mandoline player. May be with synths it is hearable. to me… and to be honest I cannot imagine that anyone can hear it.

I measured exactly 5,0 ms of latency

1 Like

Oh hey this just gave me an idea to maybe run RM pro into the recorder plugin, where I don’t care about extra latency while playing… I can still have my normal chain going out with the usual latency… Still haven’t worked portal into any of my stuff… maybe I’m still too used to CPU tetris…

5 Likes

Hey @falkTX

How cool to see you use one of my PBs as an example for such an interesting plugin.
I have not been able to keep up with the forum lately, and when I saw this plugin, my fingers started to itch.

All the best for you guys!!!

5 Likes

I was just noticing a few days ago that you had not posted in a while @rogeriocouto !

1 Like

Veramente utile. Non ho trovato altri modi per ottimizzare la CPU.
E quel bel gateway di Portal funziona. Evita i glitches finali del processore.
Grazie…

congrats!
this was a crucial piece to develop in terms of regarding CPU economics.
I´m impressed - you saved my preset

2 Likes

Any idea how the Portal works on a ModDuoX-ProductionModel?
Experiences anyone?
:partying_face:

The same as on all the other models …

2 Likes

With the plugins that can buffered this is possible. IMHO :smiley:

2 Likes

I guess I’m late for the party, but I just want to say that I LOVE “PORTAL” Plugin!!! I was running a heavy pedalboard at 256 frames with 92% CPU Load… Now with Portal, the same pedalboard at 256 frames is just 49% CPU Load!!! 🤯… and at 128 frames is just 72% !!!

I don’t know who was the developer of the Portal plugin but I just want to say THANKS!!! and by the way, thanks to Hugo Sanchez, he told me about Portal! Now I love even more my ModDwarf!! 😎🎸

9 Likes

Yeah I saw your post on the Fb page as well.

Can’t spread enough love for this plugin!
I put it on every pedalboard.

Thos those who don’t understand it, just TRY it

• Load one of your heavier pedalboards
  • Check the cpu load
  • stick a portal somewhere after you drives/dist section and before your time based plugins.
  • read the cpu load again.

Your favourite board just got some extra processor power to spare!

7 Likes

Hey thanks for clarifying :slight_smile:
When you say

Such as delay or reverb ?

1 Like

Exactly. I put an example above.

3 Likes

Perfect !

1 Like

But if you don’t have a direct connection bypassing the portal - for example as it is in the board of @Carlos_Galvez - then the added latency will also affect the plugins that are before the portal, right?

3 Likes

You’re right. If the signal that goes through the Portal has no parallel direct path to the output, it will be affected by extra latency. If it has a parallel path, the same signal is sent to 2 places :

• the direct path : no extra latency.
  • the Portal path : extra latency.

If you want to keep a very low latency, this parallel kind of use is interesting but it’s limited by 2 factors regarding the plugins that come after the Portal :

• the fact that latency is not important for them (eg : reverb, delay).
  • their ability to achieve the desired tone when mixed in parallel (it’s OK for a reverb or a delay but would be weird for a distortion and inefficient for tremolo).
1 Like

To be honest, We play a genre of music that is quite fast and I haven’t noticed the latency (and I don’t even use a parallel non-portal signal)

6 Likes

This quick explanation should be added to the plugin description

2 Likes

How to instal this plugin? I cannot find it on plugin store. Can you help me please?