Integration with MORTRIX MIDI controller

Anyone use this with MOD products yet?

1 Like

Never heard of this company or product before. Looks quite niche but I don’t see how this would be hard to integrate with MOD?

It’s a MIDI controller … what else do you need to know?

1 Like

My experience with my DuoX & Dwarf has been challenging with some controllers. Since this product has 3rd party brand integration with a lot of top-shelf gear manufacturers, I expect that it may trigger the gremlins in my MOD gear, that’s all.

1 Like

Which kind of midi controllers did you have problems with and which kind? I have used my Duo, DuoX & Dwarf with many different midi controllers. Once I gained some basic understanding of Midi and the issue of how the midi channels are named in the MOD, I have had no issues what so ever. They even do MPE!

1 Like

I’ve been following Mortrix for a loooooong time over at TalkBass, but haven’t pulled the trigger because of price. I recently learned about (and just ordered) the Graviton M2 by Luminite, which doesn’t do as much as Mortrix but is similar in concept—and is US$500 less expensive.

Of course, I did buy that to pair with my Poly Beebo since they’re both computer-free touchscreen devices, but I’ve never had a challenge using my Dwarf with my Morningstar MC6 (both need to be connected to a computer to configure so it’s a good match). Point being: the Dwarf is really easy to control with MIDI, almost every parameter is addressable. I was thinking about getting a MIDI Fighter Twister so that I could have more knobs!

1 Like