How to switch on discovery mode on Dwarf?

Hey there!
For some reason the Bluetooth discovery mode does not switch on on my Dwarf. At least When I think I turned it on, the Dwarf is not discoverable over the Bluetooth, and the “Status” in the “ENABLE BLUETOOTH” menu says “Unavailable”…
What am I doing wring?

PS Tried searching the forum to no avail.

1 Like

Take a look here for some hints on how I solved my bluetooth issue.

3 Likes

Hang on, bluetooth dongle? So there’s no bluetooth module inside the Dwarf itself? Now I know why it does not work, huh!

4 Likes

Better bluetooth dongle than no bluetooth at all :grin:

5 Likes

It sure is. I just didn’t realise that there’s no internal Bluetooth in the Dwarf. Thanks!

5 Likes

How do you use BT on your MOD? Can you MIDI-control it over BT?

1 Like

I use it to navigate to the UI via smartphone or tablet if needed in live stage and rehearsal.

Never tried but I’m confident that it can be done.

1 Like

Is there an app for this? Basically this (navigating the UI, or, to narrow it down, to switch pedalboards and snapshots) is what I’m after.

1 Like

No, you have the use your device browser to navigate to UI as you do with desktop PC.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. Thanks! Then I shall explore the path of MIDI over Bluetooth with an android-based control surface.

1 Like

No, that can’t be done yet (I would personally love it :slight_smile: )

3 Likes

I like the spirit of that “yet” in your response, @jon!
When MOD is back on its feet and you guys indeed focus on the Dwarf as a flagship product, I hope this gets somewhere on top of the feature list for development.
Although personally I would like you guys to fix the ControlChain in the host device first: working with lists = switching of snapshots is still buggy, and I think @falkTX said that the fix was supposed to be implemented in v1.13 that hasn’t seen the light of day yet.

5 Likes

another recommended topic for that: Bluetooth Dongles tested on MOD Devices

6 Likes