How to see the midi messages coming in

well I got help from you guys, and if I can give something back… it’s only natural right ?

2 Likes

ok so I am stuck on the knobs that have discrete values, like the CAB on the GxSVT.

I can’t assign it to a CV… so how do I send its value out as midi ?

I managed to map Volume Treble Middle and Bass, no problem using the control to cv and mindi for each ot them…

2 Likes

As far as I know, there isn’t a way to map a list to a Control to CV plugin. I hit the same situation with the 2-to-1 and 1-to-2 switches.

1 Like

In the past I mapped those to the endless encoders in Mod. It would scroll up and down a list. I’m not sure that can be mapped to CV.

I would guess that could then be mapped to an external endless encoder or something that has an up/down switch. For instance, if you have a program change selector (like the keys you find in Roland GK pickups), then you could convert messages between CC and PC and have them go up and down a list.

(If you have Session UP and Session DOWN buttons that output PC messages, those would be the ones.)

I don’t have my MOD with me so I can’t test that now, sorry.

2 Likes

Well the developer who wrote the plugin did not put support for CV for those encoders.
I don’t know how it’s done in the analog synth world…

1 Like