How to change tempo/BPM for MIDI-clips

Hello

I use “MIDI File” plug-in to play some drum&bass-based midi files/clips (e g track1.mid) as a backing tracks for guitar practice.

I send “signal” to plug-ins Fluid Drums and Fluid Bass.

I am able to transpose bass to any given key with plug-in called MIDI Chromatic Transpose, which is super nice.

But I have still not figured out how to change tempo for those backing tracks.

Any help would be appreciated, ultimately step-to step guidelines. I am newbie in terms of Mod Dwarf and MIDI overall.

I see BMP and MIDI PORTS menus/buttons in my web browser but as I said I am newbie, do not understand MIDI concept really…

Seems to me it should be rather simple to change tempo för backing tracks, MIDI or AUDIO…is it possible?

My setup is guitar → Mod Dwarf → Web GUI

Thanks in advance!

This is a known limitation of the current midi file player. It does not respond to host tempo.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it!
I noticed some limitations, but I guess there is a way of playing some/any kind of backing tracks (perhaps other than midi) and being able to change tempo…if not I hope there soon will be some kind of plugin out there :slight_smile:
cheers

As far as I understood, the only workaround is to use a looper (I think LP3) and store your (audio) backing tracks as if they were recorded with it

Then you may be able to select them and change the tempo

Hi
Thanks, I will check LP3 out then.

Hi All,

I am desperately trying to figure out how to trigger a MIDI file and be able to change the tempo on the fly. I see the sequencers can change tempo based on the current host tempo, but the MIDI File player cannot.

OK, it seems there is no way to do this so now I am trying to figure out how to use a looper plugin like LP3 to do this. But the files it persists to the MOD are .dat files. So where do I put my files? There are quite a few folders in the Audio Files section but I am not sure what plugins use them. LP3 seems to save into Audio Recordings. And what plugin uses the MIDI Clips folder (if any)? Has anyone got this to work?

Basically, I want to trigger small backing samples to play along with the band, but there is a 100% chance we’ll be playing at a different temp so I’d like to sync with a live tap-tempo.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

2 Likes

I am frustratingly close to a reasonable solution to my pedalboard wishes here, but I want to “restart” the MIDI sequences I have defined by turning on the internal transport every time I press a MIDI input. I have set up some conversions to create CV signals that I can use to toggle my MIDI sequences, and then logically OR’d all of the signals to another CV signal. Theoretically I can assign that to the transport on/off and have it reset every time I want to play a MIDI sequence. The problem is, it doesn’t appear that the CV signal attached to the transport on/off works. I can use the same signal on another device and see it toggle when I want it to toggle. I guess this is a bug or not supported?

I guess not supported.
anyhow, if you manage to set tempo for backing track I do hope you will share you pedalboard. I put my Dwarf aside until tempo thing is working, it is fundamental…

1 Like

I think the only way to do what I want now (until I can buckle down and write a plugin myself - which I hope to do over Christmas) is to use the sequencer. But it also has weird “features” around initial state that I may not be able to overcome in a live performance setting…

This would be a great present for all of us :smiley:

2 Likes