How has MOD affected your G.A.S.?

I’m talking more of the high gain stuff where I us the Titan, Mutant or Onyx with a tube screamer with CabSim plugin. The IRs are from york audio and sound great with my headrush or the two notes cab m. With the new convo plugin they sound quite good now on the dwarf where before they were lacking clarity.
It’s not that the sims are out right bad but I have do do a lot of eqing (which I guess is normal) to get in the ballpark what I like or I’m used to and still lack that lower punch. It is also not really a problem in a full mix just when noodling around solo.

I think the neural plugin we are working on with @madmaxwell does exactly that. It’s a little rough around the edges right now but in my testing the last months on paar with at least with ToneX from IK. We’ll have to test the version for the DuoX when the new toolchain is released but I think performance should be even better compared to the DWARF.

6 Likes

I already need one!

1 Like

I haven’t bought any pedals since I have my Dwarf.

I did buy a new power supply and xlr-jack converters though

I bought a Udo Rösner amp to amplify my acoustic guitar and vocal on easy setup solo performances though.

5 Likes

I stumbled upon MOD while looking for looper pedals on Reverb, and then bought an original DUO used thinking it could serve as a few different cool effects as well as looping. So it prevented one form of GAS since I am keeping focused on the MOD ecosystem rather than looking to other effects.

BUT it did increase GAS on the controller side of things - have gone through a few different midi foot pedals and pad controllers till I settled on the Line 6 FBV Shortboard MK2 for the feet and an ancient M-Audio O2 for the hands… Oh and a case. Will be getting a spare power supply in the future.

So GAS still happens but in a more disciplined form. :smiley:

10 Likes

Honestly - I feel like finding my sound in the dwarf has been difficult. I also love to tinker - so while I haven’t bought any effects lately, I started looking into BYOC stuff as electronics is interesting to me and going to try my hand at making a few clones for my needs on bass. Looking forward to Mod pushing more involved pedalboards for specific sounds. Especially for bass, but not holding my breath on how long that will be.

2 Likes