Hi! Come Introduce Yourself!

I tried my best, I am not so experienced and I know my description isn’t any good, but if I have just a blank display and the seller told me it is working and I bought it from him, it sucks a bit and I am sorry, I am not an expert, that is why I do ask for support in this forum. thank you for your understanding. the seller told me, I could go to the MOD-office, but this is not existing anymore, so my only chance IS to ask here, isn’t it? thank you very much for your understanding

thank you, unfortunately not really :smiling_face_with_tear: thank you for your wishes

It’s the MOD Audio address

I know, the seller told me, but I never reached anyone…

I just asked here if someone could recommend a person/place where I could get help in Berlin, because the office seems to be closed. I know that I am NOT perfect and NOT knowing everything and everyone, but is this a reason to be ironic about a serious question? I thought the Forum would be a place to ask for help. I just try to find help and support here…

Sorry if my message feel like this, but I had no intention of being ironic : you just live in the perfect town for the best help, I didn’t know the office was closed

So… Mod Audio is closed… out of business… not a good news!!
I’d like to have information from Mod guys…

3 Likes

Don’t think Mod Audio is closed, between summer and the very little team it seams normal to not be open now…
The facebook page is still active, instagram not so much…

3 Likes

Mod audio is definitely still a going concern, but it might take a little while to get a response as I know it’s been a very busy time for a small team the last few weeks.
If when you power-up the Mod Duo X and the screen is blank that does sound like a hardware fault that will either a firmware re-install (which you may be able to do yourself) or more likely a return for repair.
Hope you get a response soon.

thank you very much ianr! that is the first really helpful information!

1 Like

What’s up Mod Audio people? I picked up a Mod Duo and it’s now the last piece in the signal flow of my fancy pedalboard. So far I like what I see. I look forward to getting deep with this thing and doing some unique tricks with it. I’ll be posting a few questions here. I’ve done lots of reading about the device… but when a product evolves over its life cycle like this one did/does, it’s hard to pour over old posts that could well be obsolete by now. So I’ll be asking some questions that I’m sure have been asked before. Just wondering what the state of things is here in 2024.

THANKS

6 Likes

Hi @spaetzel_crusher

Welcome!

The original Duo, although old, is still a very capable unit. Its main limitation is the small power of its CPU in relation to the newer plugins, not allowing full chains.

As an effects unit it can still shine though. The modulation-delay-reverb plugin categories contain multiple great options - like the Shiro reverbs and delays, the convolution reverbs, the Overtone chorus and phaser - and in the distortion side, the Colombo pedals are simply magnificent.

Hope you enjoy

2 Likes

It’s a brave new world of digital pedals. The approach you guys have taken is probably the most interesting.

Luckily for me I’m adding this to an already complex pedalboard, so I’m not assembling huge signal chains in the Mod Duo. This is going to be tasked with doing unorthodox and stunning things. It’s kind of like how Frank Zappa had Steve Vai credited as stunt guitarist. Raucous and slightly perplexing yet undeniably impressive.

I keep talking about it doing tricks but the fundamentals are so strong. The verbs and delays are not what I got it for, but they are surprisingly great. I spent days dialing in a Collider right before I got this. Now I try these out and they seem to sound way better. That can’t be right. None have the character of oil can delay or e-dome reverb, but as a package they are cleaner, brighter, more integrated.

I’ve got more A/B-ing to do before I can stand behind that statement but I am super impressed.

If we could just plug-and-play expand the I/O the word juggernaut comes to mind…

3 Likes

Now we’re talking! :slight_smile:

If you’re in for the madness, then make sure to check how to control your plugins with CVs

And some plugins that, although not much popular, are among my personal favorites for weird/unusual sounds:

Hope you have fun!

5 Likes

Hello

I am boblewis. I am new to this forum community and very excited to get involved ! I am looking forward to contributing and learning from the community.

5 Likes

Wow I’m glad I said something. The cv control of effects is quite promising. That’s not something you see everywhere! I can think of a lot of uses,

Fun will be had for sure!

2 Likes