Headphone Jack as additional output

In my band I play guitar and keyboard both connected to the mod duo. Since there are just two outputs I don’t use the stereo capabilities of some plugins for the keyboard. Now I’m wondering if the headphone output is hard wired to the two outputs or if it’s software mixed. If it’s just software I could theoretically use the headphone output for the keyboard. What do you think?

1 Like

It would be great to have the headphone out as an assignable output. That way I can use it as a monitor mix for myself.

1 Like

I’m afraid that’s not possible.
Headphone and audio outputs come from the same audio bus on the CPU.

Gianfranco said that there might be a processor board upgrade some day. Would it be possible when upgrading the number of audio busses too?

That’s not possible. The headphone outputs come from the audio codec which was designed to output either the DAC signal or the inputs signal after the gain amplifier.

Just stumbled over this (quite dated) thread, because I had the same situation with guitar and keyboard combination. So I understand that headphone jack and other output can’t be sepperated. Would it be technically possible to upgrade the outputs to stereo jacks?

Hello, I am reviving this old topic to ask if this is the same case for MOD Dwarf. I just received it and playing with it little bit and separate headphone output is truly missing if someone want to use this for live or recoding in-ear monitoring. It would bring a lot of possibilities like having click in ears and not sending it to the output. I am able to do that now but click is in one ear only and I can use one output only. Example with two instruments above that you need to have each one separately in each ear to keep outputs separately is also valid for live. Or I would might to want use cab sim for headphones but not output because it goes to separate amp. And so on…

While this is not possible due to hardware, we have a few things in the works that would allow to use Dwarf as a USB soundcard.
If you are feeling brave, instructions at Audio Through USB - MOD Wiki

The same software setup can be used to support additional USB audio cards, which would appear as additional IO on the pedalboard view.
But we need to discuss this as a team first on how to best implement and enable such feature.
Opinions are welcome, of course.

1 Like

You mean attaching USB sound card to MOD device is possible? That can solve a lot :slight_smile:

I mean it will be possible at some point. We have to figure out the best way to approach that feature.

3 Likes

Wow, this would be absolutely fantastic !

I own an Behringer XR18 digital mixer. Imagine the extra ins and outs… :smiley:

2 Likes