GxBaJaTubeDriver

I have a question fot Guitarix but I don’t know how to.

I’ve tested TubeDriver and I must admit it’s quite good and close to the real one. The only difference is the tone control. The real pedal have High and Bass control, this emulation only one.
This compromise the selection for the right tone so the request is: Can you modify the plugin adding the two tone control? I don’t know if the request is easy to do or not … but … well… I’m traying
Thanks

4 Likes

While it wont be to hard to implement that, it will be nearly impossible to update GxBaJaTubeDriver in the store. Such a change will break all existing Pedal-boards using it. Therefore it will properly never be accepted.

3 Likes

So… the best way would be to make a GxBaJaTubeDriver 2 with this added tone control.

But @Rino2, you’re sure you can’t add an Eq before or after the GxBaJaTubeDriver to get what you want ?

4 Likes

Well an external Eq could be used, if you look at David Gilmour setup ,he has 3 TD and each one have its how Eq (Boss 7)… But this haven’t the sane effect.

1 Like

Opsssss… this is part of my learning curve (dwarf received on 28 dec.). I couldn’t picture this module dependency…

1 Like

Welcome @Rino2
No worries, if I had thing about that before pushing it to the store you may have now 2 separate tone controllers. We all learn after all. :smiley:

5 Likes

I fully agree with the proposed solution but have a more general question about this.

How does adding a feature|knob|setting break existing pedalboards? If the default setting for the new knob is equivalent to the plugin without the knob then nothing would change for the users? Or am I missing something important here? Sure, removing feautures is not allowed but adding stuff should be fine, I think.

1 Like

if default settings of new controls match old version without those same controls, then yeah the update to add the controls should be good.

5 Likes

@eggsperde
In this case here I need to remove the tone control and add 2 new controller for high and low. It may be possible that default settings match the old default settings(can’t promise that before I try), but as soon the tone controller isn’t on default, the tone wouldn’t match anymore for sure.

I’ve developed such a change for a existing plug in the stable store on request longer than a year ago. iIn that case, only new controls was added so that the new plug match the old one in any case, just new fine graduated settings been possible with the new one. It was never accepted by the MOD.

And as this request needs a deeper change (removal of control) I’m very sceptical that, even if I do that, it will made it ever to the store.

5 Likes

That’s a bummer, @brummer. I very much appreciate your explanation and am sorry that the efforts you put in, did not make it to the store. Hopefully, things change for the better in this department. If Mod Audio cared about their ecosystem, this should not happen. At least some form of comment would be due in my opinion.

3 Likes

Even if it looks like uncommented, it isn’t. I’ve talked with @falkTX about it. Point is it needs validation, and no one have the time to do that. Hence, it’s not easy to get a update for plugins in the stable store. I’m now pretty much prefer to have my plugs in the unstable store for that reason. :laughing:

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it make sense in this case to publish a new plugin as “GxBaJaTubeDriver v2”, and rename the old one (at least on the store) to “GxBaJaTubeDriver (legacy)” ? This way, old pedalboards still get to access the original version, and people constructing new pedalboards are not confused as to why there are two versions, and which to use…
Maybe at some point, Mod should introduce a “Legacy” (or “Retired”) tag, the same way as a “Alpha” (discussed somewhere else) and “Beta” tag, so these old versions of plugins that are just there for not breaking stuff can be filtered out (they should probably be filtered out by default actually). Reasoning is, as time goes by, more and more old plugins wouldn’t make sense to be on the front store, while would still need to be accessible in order not to break the existing pedalboards.

7 Likes

Interesting twist! Maybe validation and testing is something the community can help with? We had this long thread about art work and there were some impressive improvements and designs. Why not here? Are there any requirements or a list of things to test?

If I were in a position to make decisions, I would probably each month nominate one plugin to receive

1. proper visuals
  2. thorough testing / validation
  3. an introductory text and documentation were needed

But yes… even if you split it up, it is still plenty of work.

7 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Ways to get feedback from the community for improvement and promotion of plugins