GUI unavailable without multiple unplugs

Hi, anyone know how to solve the problem of disappearing access to the GUI without having to unplug the power, sometimes even multiple times? I’m on a Mac mini M1 using Safari, having also tried Brave.

1 Like

Are you connecting via the USB cable, or some other connection type (BT or WiFi)?

1 Like

Sorry, forgot that part: via cable. I tried BT but that was really unreliable.

1 Like

Hmmm… Have you tried other USB ports on the computer, or a different USB cable? Trying to eliminate variables. Also, have you noticed any network indicators changing status when this happens?

It’s a great suggestion to eliminate variables. Working with this platform’s fundamentals is definitely a labor of love. I love the gui, the plug-in variety and the flexibility but the hardware (power supply, BT stability, USB stability) definitely require inordinate investigation to get everything functioning well.

Time-consuming stuff but for now worth it. I keep hunting for an easier platform with similar features but nothing’s out there.

Will have to suck up the time to figure it out.

Anyway, sorry for venting and thank you again for the suggestion.

1 Like

Ha! I get it. I’ve not had the same issue as this, but my environment is pretty limited. I have only connected my Dwarf to Linux machines, and haven’t had any problems. I don’t think I’ve experienced any power supply issues, either. I just got my dwarf a little over a week ago, so there’s time still :wink:

Count your blessings!! I hope by now they fixed the power supply, so many noise issues with the one I received. An easy $12 fix, after priceless hours wasted working on a solution. Thanks again for your help here.

1 Like

The noise issues are not related only with the power supply or the MOD Dwarf. But the full setup where you implement the MOD Dwarf - by this I mean not only devices where you connect it, but even the electric installation. This can happen with the MOD Dwarf or with a lot of other devices (actually recently I had a gig where I used a MOD Dwarf and a MOD DuoX and a really annoying noise issue was coming from… the MacBook pro that my band mate uses for backing tracks…yet we never had this issue in other venues, studio or rehearsal room.
We are aware that certain power supplies may solve the issue, yet, recommending them or shipping the devices with them would not be compliant with the certifications and the power regulations in some countries and could cause all the devices produced by us being banned of certain markets. As you probably noticed we are doing our best on implementing features and offering solutions to minimize this issues when they appear (that I’m happy to tell you that it doesn’t happen in the majority of the devices. Although I understand that for those that happens it’s extremely annoying…just like the issue we had with that MacBook).

3 Likes

@malfunction54 , you were right to suggest testing the various elements in the chain, thank you. Turns out the MacMini puts USB ports to sleep when it also goes to sleep, so I just need to deal with that. @Jon this had nothing to do with the Dwarf, just another Mac-related issue I guess. Thanks guys.

3 Likes

Glad you got it working! From what I can tell, controlling power on the ports of a Mac isn’t as straightforward as one would hope. I hope you are able to figure out a working solution!

1 Like

I’m happy to know that you fixed both issues :slight_smile: