Giving myself a pat on the back

yes it does. You need at least android Version 9. Other than that just select midi mode when connecting via usb.
This worked for me with a Moto z3.

4 Likes

Does TouchOSC automatically find mod or do I need to enter usb In the bridge section ?

1 Like

you need to select the usb-port in connections setting in touchOSC (keychain).

5 Likes

Seems my android tablet doesn’t support midi over usb - trying to get hold of a different tab to test.

1 Like

I got hold of an older tablet that supports usb midi - I had dwarf connected to windows computer with usb-B. Plugged into tablet into usb-a

On the tablet I had to set usb mode to midi but nothing else was changed.

I ran arp -a to check ip from windows.

In the bridge section of the touch osc app on android I had to enter the dwarf ip 192.168.51.1 into the bridge section. Note the browse button had no effect.

Then on the midi page I was able to hit browse and saw usb device - selected that and bingo.

I only added a button in touch osc but was able to midi learn from pedal as per video from @shaggydog that was a huge help along with this thread.

So lesson here is not all android tablets support midi over usb.

This could be a game changer - now need to try and buy this tablet my mate lent me - fusion5

Also need to figure out how to use tablet and charge it. :+1::guitar::musical_score:

4 Likes

Quck update - it was bit of nightmare having to resarch android tablets as most don’t support usb-midi. I got hold of win11 tablet - only spent 1/2 hour on this but I got Touch OSC working using USB-B connection to dwarf.

Windows tablet is not great for designing midi layout via touch so I will explore keyboard/mouse. Thankfully the power comes in via a seperate socket.

6 Likes

Maybe something like this would help those that don’t have a separate charge port

Not tried it though and not sure it would work OTG but something to explore

2 Likes