Getting plugin into store, not open source

Hi Guys,

How does one go about getting a plugin into the store that is not open source, either free or paid for?

Cheers

Andy

1 Like

Hey @AndyCap,
I’m not sure if I got well the question. a plugin to be in the MOD store doesn’t have to be open source. We have cases like that (for example the RM Pro).

We are redefining a few things, but please take a look here. It’s the best starting point for now.

1 Like

Hi @Jon,

Thanks for the link.

What I don’t understand is that the process requires a link to the source, I’m guessing SITE_METHOD might be what I am looking for. Also guessing maybe I have to make a lv2 build for the different machines and link to those somehow.

I couldn’t find that RM Pro in mod-plugin-builder, could you please direct me to it so I can see how they do it?

Cheers

Andy

1 Like

if they are not open, you cant see it.

for non-open plugins you need to build and link against a small library we provide that deals with licensing / authentication. then simply provide a binary for the various systems (not 100% required but preferred to have builds for all devices)

this library is provided in static form, mod-plugin-builder/libmodla.mk at master · moddevices/mod-plugin-builder · GitHub has the rules to download it. it is part of mod-plugin-builder regular bootstrap builds.

note that when building closed source plugins, a few libraries used by MOD become unavailable for use due to license incompatibilities, like fftw which is GPL.

3 Likes