FX Loop-Chain Splitting

I use the NAM Player (https://www.dimehead.de/) as amp and cab. It has an input and an output.
Now I want to use the dwarf as a pedalboard with Gate-Compressor-Overdrive before the NAM PLayer and Chorus-Delay- Reverb after the NAM Player. I set up a pedalboard with 2 chains. One chain from input 1 to output 1 with all Effects before the Amp. and one chain from input 2 to output 2 with effects after the amp. Guitar-Input1-Output 1-Input NAM Player (Amp)-Output NAM PLayer-Input2. But then there is output2 empty and on headphones I hear only on one ear. When I do the same with my Ampero Stage I use an FX Loop Block between the two chaines. Is there any such plugin?

I don`t really understand, could you post a picture of your pedalboard?
There should be no problem, if you have setup your pedalboard correctly.
Did you adjust the input gain? I expect the gain from your guitar (input 1) will have to be quite high, and the one from the NAM quite low (input 2) .
Did you connect your effects from input 2 to the output 2?

I think the problem is, that the NAM Player has only one input and one output. When I want to play with headphones I her the sound only on one side.
my chains are:

1. Guitar-Input1 MOD-Volume controller-gate-compressor-od-Output1-Input NAM Player.
  2. Output NAM Player-Input2 MOD-Volume controller-chorus-delay-reverb-???

In my Ampero I have only one chain and a FX Loop in the middle. The Ampero has a Send/Return In/out. So I don’t have to use the in and outs like in the Dwarf.

In the second chain you have to connect the last plugin to the second output of the dwarf. Than you can connect the physical output 2 of the dwarf to your speaker.
You’ll get a mono signal processed by your whole chain.

So you have two devices.

• One nam player, which you use to model amp and cabs, and
  • one dwarf which you would like to use for two separate effects chains to use before and after the nam player.

You have guitar → dwarf chain 1 (output 1) → nam player → dwarf chain 2 (output 2) → headphones

And your issue is that only one channel is reported on the headphones?

If this is correct the easiest thing to do is buy or solder by yourself a simple mono to stereo adapter Cable

2 Likes