Feature request: Trails on Galactic

Love this reverb. A trails feature would be awesome.

Modified the title and added a link for context :slight_smile:

This plugin is based on Airwindows code and I think it’s extremely unlikely the DSP will be modified to add any new features.

Of course it could be possible to make a variant that includes a “trails” feature.

3 Likes

I love this plugin and the trails would be so awesome.

1 Like

Here is the source code. Good luck :+1:

If I wasn’t fully a Humanities guy I’d get right on it… lol hopefully some enterprising code-whiz reverb lover stumbles across this thread.

1 Like

Couldn’t you build a trails feature by having dry and wet on two signal chains in mod and using a switchbox for blocking out the dry sound going into the wet chain?

3 Likes

Huh, ok, trying to wrap my brain around that one-- I’m currently using a cv switch w/attenuator to turn either galactic or gaffa on in my “ambient” chain, but not both… but why am I not just using a switchbox in that section in the first place and leaving them both on?? which would accomplish my goal of one on/one off with one switch assignment and also keep the reverb output going after I made the switch… Man sometimes I take the complicated and dumb route… :man_facepalming:

Thank you for the suggestion!

2 Likes

Yeah sure that would do same, basically letting the reverb trail ring out while routing your signal into the other reverb.

3 Likes

You mean like this ?

3 Likes

yep… I can only hope that the existence of this post helps someone else in addition to this particular doofus

4 Likes

Not sure, I’ve already shared this solution somewhere else in the forum, maybe without the good keywords ?
A small video (1min) on the official MOD channel could make more publicity to this kind of use of the MOD UI (to show you can do anything like in your DAW…)

3 Likes

Yeah I think because it’s more of a routing option than a feature that we’re more familiar with in pedal form. I didn’t even think to search for it, I’m so used to the trails option on Shiroverb, etc. Creative routing is one of the best aspects of the MOD system, totally agreed that maybe a broader vid on the subject could be added to any list of tutorial-type vids.

4 Likes

Where’d you get the source code? Do all Airwindows plugins have a sourcecode?

Check for yourself:

(official airwindows)

(fork with lv2 - can be used for Mod)

2 Likes

That’s wild. So can we do requests for Airwindows ports??

Please search the forum - there is post by Falk about airwindows where he asks for proposals.

3 Likes