Extracting the LP3 saved loops?

@looperlative I saw you mentioned elsewhere about the file format for the saved loops and a few minutes of web searches suggested it would be easy enough (for a seasoned dev like myself) to get those into a .wav format suitable for DAW import.

If you have a few minutes, could you provide some technical details on how to read the header data and where the saved files are located on disk? I’m sure I can figure it all out, but busy dad and all… If you can PM a Venmo or equivalent I’ll send some $ for your time. I mostly use Python and would be happy to share any working scripts once written.

I know I could also just place a Recorder after the looper but being able to access the individual stems seems like a win.

I finally got around to trying out LP3 last night (blindly, without reading the docs) and had some fun though I didn’t always know how the operations would work. Then I found the docs you created and did some bedtime reading. Thank you for providing the documentation! I love the concept of the multi-use buttons and that they work the same as my old trusty Ditto looper. I also have a mostly abandoned Boss RC 300 and I can tell that I’ll get a lot of mileage out of the LP3 while feeling comfortable with operating modes. Awesome job!

6 Likes

A related question or feature request - how about the ability to load files from the file manager into a Track?

2 Likes

There are 512 bytes reserved for the header. The header is stored as ASCII text.

Storage directory is:
/data/user-files/Audio Recordings/Looperlative/lp3-mod-basic/session1/

Note that if you change the looper number then the session number will be changed accordingly.

Bob

6 Likes

If you want to install files, they need to be the SAVE files and not the TRACK files. The TRACK files are modified and deleted automatically. The SAVE files will survive a reboot.

8 Likes

Thank you for the information, and for the prompt responses.

4 Likes