Expression pedal update

I don’t like it when there’s no update for a whole month, especially after the last one which was so exciting.
On an other note, I was wondering, do you think the expression pedal follow the paging of the Dwarf, it would make them so polyvalent ?
instead of having a setting once and for all…

5 Likes

And another 9 days have passed.

3 Likes

wellcome to my life.

2 Likes

Sometimes I feel bad for asking and complaining… But it’s been so long, I feel so stupid for having believed in the deadlines… Today I don’t even use my “Mod duo”, it was so long that I set up my pedalboard with the same analog sticks that I had sold to buy my Duo. I don’t even know if I’ll be able to sell my “Duo, Control Chain and Expression” pack for the amount I spent at the time. Time passes… and again I raise the question: Will I have this pedal in 2024?

1 Like

That silence is deafening.

Hey folks - check out this link:

2 Likes

When I read the update I just admit shamefully I was tensed waiting to read the expression pedals status, especially as there were bad news and the pedal status was at the end…
So it survived, I’m relieved, I think that’s great as it should be a great companion for the Dwarf.
I now wonder who will get the units that were built ? I’d love to get my foot on one…

I can jump in to say a few things, but generally things with the expression pedal are moving just very slow.

First of all, we finished the main assembly of the very first units. Some for us for development, some for marketing purposes, some for users early testing. We are still missing 1 final component in order to properly finalize the units, the rubber bumper that sits below the pedal part.

Software wise it is mostly working, with 1 critical bug fix to do before we can ship any of these units.
Its use will require v1.14 which is still in the works but we hope to start having some early builds soon for testing.

For other details need to see with @gianfranco or @friedsilence

As the other post indicates our team was indeed cut in half in order to keep operations going, but we still have in our plans to make the MOD expression pedal happen.

16 Likes

@falkTX

Is there any way for me to find out where I am on the list of people to receive the expression pedal? Something I can look up - I don’t want to burden the team - I just want to make sure I can track the package. Deliveries here (of all carriers) have been somewhat unpredictable, and porch pirates are always a concern.

Thanks!
dp

2 Likes

I don’t think this makes any sense for the team to know considering there isn’t even any production started on this device.

Maybe I’m wrong, though …

I wonder if I’m on the list as well. No need to put rubber bumper, I put it here myself.

1 Like

Very sad to hear about the team cuts, their work is highly appreciated and valued. Happy to hear there is a plan to go forward however, and these units look great! I will need to update my address when the time comes to be able to test drive these with my Mod Duo X. Looks like we are getting very close indeed. The update is both very exciting and appreciated!

1 Like

That kinda spells bad news for older Duo owners. They won’t get updates after 1.13 but the expression requires 1.14 to work. Is there or will there be a workaround?

3 Likes

I hope so. What was sold to me was this kit.

1 Like

once we get things going for the expression pedal I am sure we will find a way to get both working together.
The 1.14 is special because it is the next version coming, so the version where we introduce new things.
So we either backport the needed bits to get them working together, or do a 1.14 for the Duo, or maybe something else altogether.
Having them working together is the least of my worries, production needs to happen first.

14 Likes

I was certain of that, thanks for clarifying. Yeah, production comes first. Hope MOD gets the cash injection it needs.

4 Likes

about stopping updates to Duo is another disappointing factor. I understand that the Duo has aged, 10 years practically, but if you understand that in that time I could not fully enjoy what I bought… Now I’ll have an old, out-of-line pedal. They abandoned their initial supporters.

1 Like

As far as I understand, no new update for the Duo doesn’t mean that it is going to stop working.

3 Likes

And no update on the OS/firmware side doesn’t mean no updates for plugins etc.

I’m very sure that the DUO will be useful and expanded in its capabilities for the foreseeable future, just not on the firmware level.

4 Likes

Also, maybe it’s an opportunity for the community to get more involved in the maintenance of the Duo somehow ?

1 Like