Experience in shop trying the MOD Dwarf

It’s possible, but not officially supported. You can read some previous discussion about that here on the forums!

4 Likes

Hey, thanks so much for that comment. I have a backup on the USB of the previous update, and was slightly concerned about backing it up again now and overwriting the previous – just in case I need to revert to that previous version for some reason. Honestly never occurred to me to simply copy the USB to have a safety copy. Thanks for that tip!

3 Likes

in reality - no.

Its also a bit more noisy when plugged in to the usb on a lot of computers too. So I would avoid doing this.

Its a shame as it was advertised as being an audio interface

1 Like

It never was. To this date this is not an official feature (but it does work, except on Windows).

2 Likes

I presumed that meant it was an audio interface.

Apoogies if I miss read it and yes Im on Windows

2 Likes

It was indeed in the roadmap of the Dwarf to work as an audio interface. A lot of that has moved forward, but the Windows part is a nuisance with the class-compliant requirements and drivers.

6 Likes

Yes I guessed that. To be honest I was just trying to help Mark out but thanks for the input

2 Likes

With the great news that the funds have been raised, I just placed my order for a dwarf, very excited to get going with it now!
Thanks again everyone who left helpful comments, I’m sure I’ll have loads of questions soon :+1:

12 Likes