Error while trying to add my plugin

Hello, I finished developing my first plugin, and tested it well on mod-desktop. I attempted to install it on my modduox and can see it. All the meta-data appears in good order as the thumbnail looks good and the datapage on clicking the thumbnail also looks good. But when I drag it into the pedalboard area I get an “Error loading plugin message”. I ssh’ed into the box and see the following in journalctl -m.

Jan 01 01:53:53 modduox mod-jackd[428]: lilv_lib_open(): error: Failed to open library /root/.lv2/two-buttons.lv2/two-buttons.so (/root/.lv2/two-buttons.lv2/two-buttons.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory)
Jan 01 01:53:53 modduox mod-jackd[428]: can't get lilv instance

However, I do see the .so file correctly installed when I list the directory. Any clues? Many thanks.

[root@modduox two-buttons.lv2]# ls -la
total 44
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root  4096 Jan  1 01:53 ./
drwxr-xr-x 165 root root 12288 Jan  1 01:53 ../
-rw-r--r--   1 root root   287 Jun  7  2024 manifest.ttl
drwxr-xr-x   3 root root  4096 Jan  1 01:53 modgui/
-rwxr-xr-x   1 root root 14488 Jun  7  2024 two-buttons.so*
-rw-r--r--   1 root root  2466 Jun  7  2024 two-buttons.ttl
2 Likes

MOD devices are all ARM-based. You’ll need to cross-compile to get it to run on your DuoX.

2 Likes

Thanks. Looks like I have some more reading to do tomorrow. Much appreciate the quick response, @malfunction54

1 Like

This answer from @falkTX should help on how to cross-compile

you may want to use moddwarf-new instead of moddwarf anyway

./bootstrap.sh moddwarf-new  minimal
source local.env moddwarf-new

instead of

./bootstrap.sh moddwarf minimal
source local.env moddwarf

(@falkTX could you confirm?)

2 Likes

you can, but not strictly necessary.
the regular one has GCC7 while the “new” one has GCC9.
so the new one can support a bit more fancy C++ features.
for the case of PD/hvcc based plugins it doesn’t make a difference.

3 Likes

Many thanks for your responses.
I did do the bootstrap step (with modduox) and used the platform parameter with the build step, but failed to do the local.env step. I will be giving that a shot later today. The other observation is that the build did not copy the modgui folder that I had to copy manually.

Thanks!

I got my plugin working correctly. However, I see a flood of these messages in the logs:

Jan 01 02:00:04 modduox mod-jackd[9295]: sys_serial_write: failed, not enough space

This happens as soon as I call the HMI function to turn the LED on. The LED turns on, but this starts to get logged continuously. Any clues? Many thanks.

are you calling it on every audio run? you should only call it once

1 Like

:person_facepalming: my boolean check was messed up making it call each run. My apologies. Thank you @falkTX .