Envelope controller of parameters

Hi Guys,

I would like to be able to controll desired parameters of effects with envelope of my picking. Any idea how can I do it?

BR,
Lukasz

Did you tried CVplugin?
There’s a audio to cv converter, you should try it.

1 Like

Here’s what I tried.
Audio to CV plugin, CV ABS to trnsform negative values in positive values, then CV parameter modulation to amplify the CV signal and set a offset.
I’m trying now to find a way to compress the CV signal to have a stable CV signal.
audio to parameter

2 Likes

Ok I get a pretty decent result by adding the Slew rate limiter plugin in the Cv signal chain , here’s the way I’ve done it.
You can add more "CV parameter modualation to amplify the CV signal.

Here’s the pedalboard.
That would be great if you could give some comments.
Thanks.
Enjoy.

3 Likes

Wow, I feel as a noob next to you :smiley:
I will try it and let you know. Thanx!!

1 Like

Look this new pedalboard! I manage to control plugin parameter in positive and in negative way. Unbelievable. Doors are opening! :pray:

6 Likes

Can’t wait to try it out :smiley:

1 Like

audio level control drive. Most you play loud the most it’s saturated. Level is compensated!
I love my Mod Duo

2 Likes

Mod is a “dream come true” unit!

1 Like

I bought Mod X with Mod Footswitch and it lets being so creative and design sound.

3 Likes

It is brilliant - this drive acts as reall tube amp!

2 Likes

Do you have a tip how to make enevelope controll a wider range of parameter?

EDIT - I 've just noticed you wrote earlier how can I do that.

1 Like

In fact the two “cv parameter modulation” module only amplify the signal. Each plugin value you want to control will have it’s “Cv parameter modulation” module.
In the “vc parameter modulation” module, the “parameter” value will set a offset or it can be use to set a value if you want to use manual mode, I’ll will explain what is manual mode.
The “Mod depth” value will amplify the signal from 0 to 200% in positive or negative way.
To go to manual mode just switch off the “audio to cv” module.
All those CV module can be usefull to build fabulous ambient pedalboards. I love that.
I’m building a pedalboard for the pedalboard contest that will use cv module but with more complex impact between sound level and effects.

3 Likes

“if you can dream a sound, MOD will do it” - this should be MOD motto

3 Likes

Julien, amazing work. This absolutely does it. I just cannibalized your board to make something I’ve been thinking of for a little bit, and it’s up and running. Thank you! :slight_smile:

But hey, Mod! We really ought to have a dedicated Envelope follower, shouldn’t we? Since it’s obviously possible? I mean, instead of like 3 CV Modulators in a row? What will people think? :wink:

I know you Mod guys just resurrected yourselves, and obviously congratulations :), but if you have a Suggestion Box: “Envelope Follower”. All that CV nonsense you have and no Follower? Come on!

6 Likes

here she be:

:partying_face: please post your idea!

5 Likes

I’d love to, but I can’t figure out how to start a new thread in the Feature Request forum! :\

1 Like

You may need to have your permissions upgraded, as I see you were a recent addition to the forum.

Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks! I came for the ludicrous long Convolution Reverbs, but I’m staying for the Envelope controlled nonsense. Takes a little bit of thinking, but it works! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

haha… oops! …ok, i just upgraded your trust level! you should now be able to create new topics. :partying_face:

2 Likes