Economical Synth sound (for a bass)

Hello there,

I would like to add a synth-like sound to my pedal board…
What combination of plugins do you suggest I use ?

Thanks a lot !
Laurent

If you want a synth sound for the very bottom end, the MDA SubSynth is the cheapest option. MDA RePsycho can be an option if you dig its crazy beating.

For a more proper CV synth there is a minimal Guitar Synth board meant for the Duo that could be act as a module in a bigger board:

2 Likes

Hey there @gianfranco ,

I tried the subsynth, it’s great as an octaver but was not able to get a synth sound for the higher register… let me try again with that othee thing you are mentioning:)

Interesting. I kind of miss C4 and GR55 units in my arsenal, so I would keep an eye on this thread.

Everything I’ve found so far to get something synthlike sounding is ringmod plugins, but has quite specific sound that I had not found to be actually delightful. But maybe you could make something of it by stacking other effects, I do not know.

Audio2CVpitch does not feel to track bass strings well (but that’s the same as on C4 guitar synth I guess)

You can use the Capo to shift it one octave up before, so that it tracks better. The AudioToCVPitch has octave control, so you can compensate for the shift up

in fact I am taking my issue on the head: I am using one of Jesse’s synth and I am adding a little “classic” audio path to play my regular bass sound. That does the trick.