Dwarf production updates wanted:)

An odd thing… today I got the shipping update from Indiegogo announcing that my Dwarf would soon arrive … though it was delivered on December 14. I clicked through to look at the tracking in case they were accidentally sending me someone else’s dwarf as a bonus dwarf, but no. The dwarf in question is the one I’ve had for a month and a half. I attribute this strangeness to Indiegogo, not MOD. But who knows?

That is not really a odd thing, rather a sign of how much we are prioritizing the shipments over everything else.
You received that message because I - yep I was the one doing it - yesterday finally had time to update the database on Indiegogo and input some of the tracking numbers of devices that were already shipped. Yet, I didn’t have time to do it for all.

3 Likes

Any progress reports for the teir 3 scragglers?

Not yet. Things slowed down a bit at the factory again while waiting for a missing part. Hopefully, soon it will get back on track.

2 Likes

Just noticed Thomann selling Dwarfs for 333 delivered to UK which is probably cheaper than what the UK backers are paying all in with import duty and tax. And it would arrive in 2 days.

Disappointed fir more delays : (

This also surprised since there are no discounted sales from our side.
It seems that some sort of dynamic took place and retailers are making discounts on the Dwarf.
Although this doesn’t make us happy, we can’t really act against it (according to competition law we can’t have any influence on the price).

1 Like

Hello @Austin73 Austin and @jon João,

this selling prize is for a “B-Stock” model that had been sent back to Thomann.

Greetings and God bless

Price at Thomann this morning was indeed 333 GBP for a new unit, B-Stock is even cheaper. During today their price changed up a bit.

Hello @pavel ,

Apologies, You are right, I mixed GBP with €.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

Thomann used to sell the Dwarf 499€. This morning, I saw it at 399€ brand new and B-stock units at 345€ and 365€. Now, the price for a new unit is 427€. Is weed legal in Germany ?

2 Likes

Yeah…most likely this shows that it could be a sort of issue on their system

1 Like

Hello @funkypou

I thought not yet. But someone more knowledgeable might chime in here…

Greetings and God bless, Marius

1 Like

@funkypou @mj_prod
I’m a German. No, weed is not yet legal. But it will be. The new governement has this in the program. I think it will take one or two years, then it will be legal.

2 Likes

Looks like Thomann are a bit early.

1 Like

I see things like this happen in big multimediaconcerns in Belgium and The Netherlands as well.
Buy a Broether laser printer. Find it again for a colleague. See that it is 40 euro’s more expensive the next day.

Well, it’s officially the last day of February, and I have yet to receive any notification that my Dwarf has shipped. It was intimated in update #33 that all tier-II backers would be completely fulfilled by now.

I’m wondering how many other tier-II backers are still waiting?

Not a lot, but still a few.

That’s exactly why it was an estimation. It only shows how hard it is for us to give you guys accurate ones and how when I told someone here that trying to be super specific would be mere speculation I was (unfortunately) correct.
We are facing some more issues on the factory side and recently again on the supply what is holding the finishing of option 2 backers on really a few dozens. The vast majority is already fulfilled. Unfortunately you are one of the “unlucky ones”. We are doing our best to tackle these new issues and finish the shipments of these devices really soon. Most likely we will need to run one more marathon in the office for that. But if it’s needed we do it. We don’t want to see the devices staying any longer here on the shelves when we are late with you guys.

3 Likes

Unfortunately yes. But none of you are forgotten.

As a side note for you or anyone reading this, I would suggest you to avoid sharing more personal information like your backer number or any of the stuff from your pledge that somehow allows to match with your personal identification, addresses, emails, phone numbers, etc. in the public side of the forum. Not that the forum isn’t secure, but…well it is an open online page. If something happens on the crowdfunding platforms side or even on our database storage basically someone can access to all that info only with your backer ID.
If you need to ask this kind of personal info, feel free to DM me.

EDIT: also to avoid having this thread full of personal reports

2 Likes

Thanks for replying @jon.
Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

One thing I’d like to understand is why always this vagueness. Why can’t you tell us the total number of backer in each tier, and the current fulfillment percentage?

I don’t doubt MOD’s good faith. I imagine there’s a lot to do at MOD and that is more work, but it’s been six months of “progress is made”.

Could you for instance give us this kind of graph?

backer
                units
               shipped
                  ▲
             1000 │
                  │
                  │
 needed to    800 │
 fulfill  ────────┼────────────────────────────
 tier II          │
              600 │                          xx
                  │                        xxxx
                  │                      xxxxxx
 needed to    400 │                  xxxxxxxxxx
 fulfill  ────────┼──────────────xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 tier I           │          xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              200 │        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  │     xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                  │   xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                0 +xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                   +──+──┬──+──┬──+──┬──+──┬──+──┬───► time
                   |  07 │  09 │  11 │  01 │  03 │
                   06    08    10    12    02    04

Even if you’re not going through backer IDs sequentially, that would give people an idea that at the very least their stuff is coming and things are happening better than just saying “We are doing our best”.

2 Likes