Dwarf Knobs as Switches

thanks. I’ve adopted heavily from 8 button USB MIDI footswitch by vrmmm - Thingiverse
and https://github.com/tttapa/MIDI_controller. With some custom code for the relay and my amp.

The enclosure I designed and printed myself. The measurements match the dwarf exactly.

3 Likes

You can even connect it via Bluetooth with something like WIDI from CME. (again…I have one, don’t love it, but it works ok…yet I question a few design choices)

Yep but i prefer MIDI over wired USB. It seems that it’s possible anyway.

I guess the pedal also has USB MIDI. But maybe when @SrMouraSilva receives it he can give us some more feedback :wink:

1 Like

Just ordered one too. The latency might be an issue but worth exploring. Will probably turn up same time as my dwarf. Will post findings when I can.

2 Likes

Cheers for the pointers - never even thought about printing an enclosure.

Best get planning

1 Like

I use/work a lot with Bluetooth MIDI and quite honestly the latency was NEVER an issue. In some cases, I even had bigger latency with cheap MIDI USB/DIN interfaces.

1 Like

well we will find out in new year hopefully but that is great news not worked with BT Midi before

1 Like

It arrived today! If anyone have a question, I will try to answer.

7 Likes

So there would be enough room for one more switch :sweat_smile:

Or maybe 5 more…

2 Likes

Woah that’s a really nice size to pair with the Dwarf!

3 Likes

Is it actually possible to send MIDI commands to Dwarf via USB cable?

Does it work ? ; )

Got mine coming January but I thought I’d ask anyway .

Absolutely! You can even plug in a usb game controller like a ps2 controller and use that!

4 Likes

Yes, it is! Both are almost the same width.

@James, maybe this question is more related if the M-VAVE Chocolate can send midi signals by USB (or only by Bluetooth).

And, yes, it’s possible!

Edit: I discovered now that is also possible to use TRS midi over the pedal input jack.

3 Likes

It worked here. :slight_smile:

Note: It’s possible to customize the MIDI commands by its app, but I didn’t tried yet.

Note 2: Isn’t clear for me how to assign a MIDI command to a plugin. I need to study a little more

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!

Hello, @redcloud and @Austin73. I created another topic to explain more about the M-VAVE chocolate

2 Likes

Fantastic tutorial. Thanks from everyone in this thread. (certainly a better option than stomping on the knobs of the Dwarf).

3 Likes