DWARF does not create the pedalboard image

Description

Since last update my DWARF does not create the pedalboard image when using the save as option.

How to reproduce

1. Load a ramdom pedalboard.
  2. Use the save as option and change it´s name.
  3. Click save

Expected/suggested solution

To have the image created.

Additional information

Unit: MOD Dwarf
Build Date: 2023 Jan 17 13:33:35
OS Version: 1.12.2.300

Also provide some information about your system if possible.

• Operating system: (Windows)
  • System version: (Windows 10)
  • Browser: Google Chrome
1 Like

Just a quick update…

If I load the “saved as” pedalboard and use the save option then the image is created.

2 Likes

Might this be a timing issue? I know that my Dwarf tends to take a long time to create the image. It often fails, but what I have found that works 100% of the time is to hit save in the constructor, then click to the pedalboards library view. I can see the gear turning as the image is being generated. The CPU spikes a few times, but usually within about 30 sec, I see the image appear. From what I understand, this takes a long time because I have most if not all the plugins installed from the store.

1 Like

I don’t think so.

It seems that the “save as” option does not trigger the image creation. Although the icon keeps spinning the CPU usage does not increase nor spikes. It seems that that only the icon animation is running and the dwarf is doing nothing to create the image.

It is a very consistent behavior

1 Like

ah, ok. That sounds different.

@rogeriocouto does this still happen if you save a pedalboard with little or no plugins at all?
Have you cleaned the browser cache or used an incognito session?

1 Like

Hello Jon,

YES

YES and YES

This a annoying bug but not serious.
It adds an extra step to the save as option.
After “saving as” it is necessary to click the save button for the PB image be created.

I would love to be able to rename the pedalboards. Not sure if this feature request already exist.

2 Likes