Duo X not powering up

Hello,
I was practising when my Duo X simply switched off for no apparent reason. Now it doesn’t power up anymore.
I opened the box to see if there was any sign of damage but didn’t find any.
I unplugged the main board and tried to power it up separately. The network leds are on and after a few seconds I can hear the typical relay click. So I can suppose the main board works.
However I can’t verify it because nothing shows on the browser interface.
There is 12V power on the controller board connector.
There is no damage sign on the controller board.
Do you have any suggestions from here to make the Duo usable again ?
Is there any easy repair ? for example is there a fuse somewhere that I could check ? can I order a new controller board ? (assuming that the controller board would be faulty and not some other complex problem).
thanks.

I really doubt there is a fuse in these units or, since you seem to have opened the casing already, you would have seen it.

Now, if the LEDs on the ethernet connector are on (or flicking) and the relay clicks, there is power going in so your issue is somewhere else.

If you can, try another power supply, maybe the one you have now has an issue and does not deliver enough juice to power the hole unit…

Unfortuntely, aside from that, you will most likely have to send it for repairs.

thanks, I tried different power units.
also fuses can be very small and almost invisible, I had an Elektron Octatrack repaired by installing a real big fuse to bypass the miniature original one.

I submitted a support form two weeks ago and got no answer at this point. Has anybody here got his unit repaired at some point ? do you think I can keep hope ?

I was in contact with them several years ago, because one of my displays on my Duo broke.
They responded very fast, but that was at MODs high time.
At the current state I wouldn’t bet on your chances, but lets not loose hope yet.

Could you maybe make a short video on the powering up cycle, so we see and hear the current state, and maybe make a few photos from the insides?
Without a schematic it will be hard, but there is a slim chance someone recognizes something or has an idea how to test further.

3 Likes

here are photos of the inside.
I can’t post videos here ; the main board alone seems to function normally, but when assembled with the controller board it doesn’t show any sign of activity.

1 Like

we recently got @jon back on the support seat, so hopefully your support email is going to handled soon.
if not just reply to the previous email with a link to this forum topic.

7 Likes