Default plugins of a new pedalboard

Hi,

I received my Dwarf a few days ago and I’d like to understand something : why are there a Stereo X-Fade and a Stereo Gain plugins in a new pedalboard by default and in most factory ones ? And why the Stereo X-Fade has 3 cables from input 1 and 1 cable from input 2 ?

Thanks and sorry for requesting help but I’m quite a rigid person and I need to understand the stuff I use (I’m the guy who RTFM of every gear I buy before using them). So I may bother you with other noob questions. :blush:

2 Likes

The idea here is that you can simply plug in a mono instrument (like a guitar) and then directly use it with stereo plugins.
If you add a stereo instrument, then this X-Fade can easily transition to the stereo input.

I guess the team thought this would help users to get started more easily, but I also found it a bit surprising setup for a default pedalboard :wink:

Could’ve added the notepad plugin with a little description on the why/how maybe.

4 Likes

Thanks for your answer.

If I understand well, Stereo X-Fade is useful if you sometimes use both audio inputs at the same time because both of them can use the pedalboard and it allows audio panning. If you only use hardware input 1, you don’t need the plugin and you can still use stereo effects by plugging the hardware input to both inputs of the plugin. So I guess I can get rid of the plugin if I only use one input. Or maybe I can let it in case I want to jam with a friend also plugged in the Dwarf. Another dilemma that will make my head explode. :upside_down_face:

I have an idea about another reason why this plugin is there by default. Maybe that’s because it allows you to use the pedalboard by plugging your instrument in any of both audio inputs without being careful about the one you choose.

Anyway, I’m still curious about the reasons the MOD team had in mind, says the guy who wants to understand every detail. I guess this pedal has to be mastered with the mind of an explorer rather than a reader of manuals. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The mind of an explorer certainly helps - there is lots to explore!

Simon

5 Likes