Dead links in Dwarf User Guide wiki

in the “Inputs and outputs” section, the “Control Chain port” section still contains links to the MOD Footswitch and Arduino Shield, both of which are old moddevices.com links.

i guess it’s tricky how this should be handled; i think the fact that those devices still exist (even though they’re not current products) means that they should still be mentioned in this section of the User Guide. for the Arduino Shield, perhaps the link should point to the “MOD Arduino Shield” section of the wiki. however, for the footswitch, there is only a section on the wiki about firmware releases; i’d suggest there should be an introduction and basic usage information section which the User Guide MOD Footswitch link should point to.

3 Likes

Hey @plutek, thanks a lot for the heads up. That was something underseen.
I’ve already fixed it. I took out the link for the MOD Footswitch and follow your idea for the Arduino Shield - I think that is time-proof.
On the Footswitch part, I removed the link and added the MOD Expression Pedal, since that is on the verge to get in some users’ hands (fingers crossed).

2 Likes

looks good to me, @jon !

the fact that there’s currently no link for the Footswitch and Expression Pedal is good since you can’t currently buy them and there’s no online documentation – and it might have the side-benefit of people thinking “hmmmm, what are those things?” and then coming to the forum looking for answers, and getting involved in the community! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I, for one, cant wait to see someone with the expression pedal in their set up!

3 Likes

Yes indeed. There’s a bit of documentation on the main wiki page regarding the firmware releases and also the Control Chain in general. Yet, with the updates that are going on on the Control Chain protocol due to the Expression pedal needs (and considering the time that this is lacking), I would say that is better to run a sprint on this once all of the new Control Chain things are in place.

As far as I know, there’s something already working :slight_smile: more than that, I already touched a few enclosures and at least one fully assembled :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes