Create Pedalboards while Offline

I would like to create pedalboards while I’m not connected to the unit. Is there a way to do this?

2 Likes

Not currently, but it would be pretty cool to be able to do this, and then upload the new pedalboard to the device later after connecting it up.

3 Likes

I concur that an offline version of the software would make a lot of sense.
I’m guessing there has not been much more thought about implementing something like this?
It’s not really a big deal i suppose but sometimes im in places with crappy internet.

1 Like

Most rehearsal rooms I’ve been playiing into in my life belong to the “crappy internet” cathegory if not “no internet whatsoever” at all.

1 Like

You don’t need to be connected to the internet to use the MOD Duo(X). Internet is only needed when installing new plugins or when downloading updates :slight_smile:

The question here was if it was possible to create a pedalboard without the actual device, which is not possible right now.

I know you don’t need to be connected to the internet to use the mod duo(x). What a shitty product that would be lol.

I realise it’s not exactly the same question. But it’s pretty much the same thing the other way round.

I’m saying that if I was jamming with a band and we were working on a new song and i thought of the perfect use-age for one of the pedals in the pedal store but wasn’t on any of my boards at that moment, then it’d be impossible for me to use it until the next practice after i got home and downloaded the pedal.

If there was an offline version of the software that would be really handy for a lot of people I think.

Hello @elvisvalentine,

if you have tested one of the plugins but didn’t create a pedalboard with, it is still on your mod duo / mod duo X, but without access to modduo.local not accessible. You just need a device (phone, tablet or computer, maybe with a bluetooth dongle) that is able to log into the mod duo (x) browser UI and you’re all done.

Greetings and God bless, Marius

Sorry for the late reply here.

I know that is what you would have to do but that’s far from ideal.
I’m saying that the mod duo is really pretty rubbish for doing anything with on it’s own. You can’t use it to create a pedalboard on it’s own without the internet.
This is, in my humble opinion is a massive failure for live use.
It seems really weird to me that there isn’t an offline version of the editor you can download to your laptop or ipad or phone etc.
Are there no plans for doing something like this?

I feel like this might end up being a deal breaker for me moving forward.
Not being able to edit anything on the pedal outside the studio/house setting is becoming difficult. Something I have tried in the studio sounds good, a chorus for example but then when in the practice space or the stage it’s not got enough depth or something and i can’t just simply turn one knob to change it.

Thanks.

I didn’t understand what you mean. The “Editor” is on board already, all you need is a device which you connect to the MOD and show the “Editor” in a browser.
What do you think could a external offline version do any better than that? Even with a external “Editor” you need to connect a device with the MOD and show it.
Regarding download a plug from the store, well, I guess it’s clear that you need a online connection to do so.

So I have just realised the editor works on a browser window but doesn’t need to be connected to the internet.
Thats been confusing me.

1 Like

Ah, okay.
For a Linux user that is kind of normal, as we’ve usually running a ‘localhost’ server which renders html sides offline in the browser. So when I click on a stored html file, it will be open in the browser by default, not in a text editor.

Yeah, that concept was totally alien to me. Cool now though.
Thanks.

1 Like