Control Chain & Synapse?

I’m curious if anyone knows potential blockers for running the CC shield and this Synapse CV shield together with Uno?

I’m asking because I have the synapse board already and am nearly ready to order the final components. Because the synapse shield has CV jack on the top, the CC shield needs to go in between–I already need to extend the CC shield’s to accommodate its jacks.

Thanks

3 Likes

Main thing to figure out is if they use any overlapping pins, because then you may need to do some re-routing to make it work (if there’s enough pins to do that at all).

Check the hardware design files here → https://github.com/moddevices/cc-hw-arduino-shield

However not sure how you can send signals back to the arduino to then output as CV. Some knob values perhaps?
Would you need to make a custom plugin that is dedicated to mapping its values back to this?

[Edit: only now realize that this is a really old topic. I guess the forum is doing some weird topic kicks with the new reorganization :#]

4 Likes

Yep :slight_smile: @James is the one to blame haha
Anyway, this is cool because the question was unanswered and you kindly answered, so now it’s saved in case someone comes here searching for an answer to a similar question :wink:
Thank you

EDIT: when I write “to blame” I’m joking, I actually think that this is a nice thing to steer a bit the discussion in the forum and also to bring unanswered threads to the light so they can be answered.

3 Likes

:sweat_smile: yeah sorry. I was moving a lot of topics to new categories, renaming, tagging etc. I’m not sure why only some of them got bumped because I moved probably around 250-300 topics

5 Likes