Control Chain, RS422 and I2C

The Aleph has a 3.5mm i2c jack on the back that could connect other devices to the stm32 microcontroller. Is it possible to adapt RS422 to i2c with a microcontroller?

For context, I literally have these two devices sitting next to each other on my studio floor.

From the Monome Aleph docs on inter device communication

what is the jack marked ii?

ii is a digital communication protocol. we plan on co-designing with anyone interested. it is a 3.5mm stereo jack (for easy cabling) that uses the i2c bus. the bus is addressable (multiple devices on a chain), fast (400k), and easy to implement on various platforms (ie, an arduino).
in the immediate future we will use ii for inter-aleph communication while continuing to develop a simple kit and framework for creating hardware extensions.

Why not. rs422 is the electrical characteristics of a digital signaling circuit and i2c is a multi-master, multi-slave, packet switched, single-ended, serial computer bus. Both can be done on microcontrollers, fpga’s and cpld’s.

A Control Chain Arduino Shield should do the trick here. It has the Control Chain interface ready and you can use the I2C pins that the Arduino provides.