Content Exchange

Well, I have upgraded my setup and am moving forward while we wait for a path forward.

Next step is getting a less masochistic seating arrangement.

The controller on the table is the Erae Touch, so far its cool but it’s a very new product from a very new company. Hopefully they survive through the manufacturing slowdown.

Anyway, recorded a short little track while testing layouts and thought it was cool.

Hope all is well with you all!

6 Likes

Very neat setup, @Elk_wrath! I’m envious.

(Right now I’m living in a house without any furniture – just moved abroad! The computer desk it likely the last thing in the purchase list… Beds, table, chairs, sofa, they all come first!)

4 Likes

Fingers crossed for you, Marc!

I don’t miss moving long distance at all, hopefully you can get situated soon!

3 Likes

Moin Moin,
I recently found this thread and have to say I feel really inspired by all the great content posted here, MOD Devices or digital technology in general really opened up new possibilities for us musicians. I have to add tho that for me there is no way around analog technology, not only in music making.
Anyways, I finally found the time to make some pictures of my current setup that I mostly use for myself or bandpractice.

The MOD Dwarf finally enabled me to go stereo in a convient way^^ all distortion/overdrive/dynamics are done with pedals, some of them build/assembled by myself.
The VOX AC30CC2 is unfortunately not mine, I have it in for repair. My main Guitar Amp is a Panama Amps Fuego Hot Rod.
In my Bands I usually play Bass Guitar, I use my Marshall MBH450 there.

Sidney G · mixdown_2

I recorded this Jam with this excact setup, all the compression was done outside the MOD dwarf, the super fuzzy glitch sounds were done with a modified PARASITE STUDIO Raygunyouth (Red/Black Pedal on Top-Left).

Hit me up if you have any questions!

Cheers!

5 Likes

Well I’m back sort of. Been taking a break for a bit, and I’m in the middle of the busy season at work.

Looking forward to getting more time to see the latest updates.

Hope all is well with you!

P.S.
Here’s a track to start your day, hope you enjoy!

7 Likes

Good to see you back @Elk_wrath ! I was missing you around…as I was missing your cool tracks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

How did you use a MOD unit in this production?

3 Likes

Shiro shimmer is in there as usual (on strings), minor ttap delay on baseline, and used a sequencer to send midi out to battery 4 for the drums.

I did have to record drums separate, I struggle with clock sync with bitwig, so I recorded the drums over multiple takes and forced the note quantization.

5 Likes

hey @Elk_wrath … cheers! delighted to hear you again! <3

side note: i was just in vancouver for a couple of weeks with a theatre production, and stopped into nightlife electronics (fantastic shop, btw!)… spent a bunch of time playing with a strega. …just barely stopped myself from buying one on the spot… :wink: what a well-crafted and expressive piece of gear!

4 Likes

Hey Plutek!

I don’t often head up north, but next time I’m in vancouver, I’ll be checking that shop out haha.

The strega is a very interesting synth, paired with a 0-ctrl you can make that thing do some impressive stuff. One of my youtube buddies uses his a lot in his published videos and he sussed out some amazing sounds out of his unit.

I liked mine so much I ended up with 2 lol my make noise semi modulars will never be in my “selling” pile.

P.S.

I used all my likes today, I’ll make sure to give your post my usual love tomorrow lol

6 Likes

Some glitchy electronic music. DuoX acts as a drum sampler and a waveguide physical model percussion intrument and as an effects unit for the Nonlinear Labs C15 synthesizer (also Organelle used as a granular delay for the C15). Everything is sequenced by iPad except the C15 that is played by hand. The setup gets it’s main clock from the DuoX.

1 Likes, 0 Comments - Monday Idiot (@monday_idiot) on Instagram: "Glitchy fun.

#glitchmusic #synthesizer #sequencer #drummachine #electronicexperimental #nobass #modduox #organelle #nonlinearlabs #maxmsp #puredata #drambo #mirack #id700 #iosmusic"

https://www.instagram.com/reel/ConDSUXjEdF/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

6 Likes

I made a little video that demonstrates some cool glitchy drums and metal tones from the mod dwarf

(Edit) it’s a link to an instagram reel, but in this message it’s only shown as an image. It there a way to post the link in a way such that either the video plays here, or clicking on it takes one to the video?

5 Likes, 0 Comments - Schwalb (@blawhcs) on Instagram

Sorry for the late feedback @Schwalb!
This is really cool and we are actually organizing all this content to be featured in our website.

The click doesn’t really work.
Can I suggest you upload it on Youtube? That will make it easier for us to drop it in our playlists :wink:

3 Likes

I never put up a video, oops. :sweat_smile: One exists, I just don’t remember where I saved it…

Buuut check out this live session recorded last September with one of my bands! The mod dwarf provided all the violin processing, ranging from amp sims and octave effects to chorus, reverb, and fuzz.

There are also shorter videos of the individual songs from this set on The Birdhouse’s channel :blush:

12 Likes

that’s so cool! What interesting sounds from your violin!

1 Like

Thank you! I love sound design and the MOD ecosystem really helps me approach it in an intuitive way.

…just don’t ask me how the portal plugins work :rofl:

3 Likes

I made this track with the Dwarf providing the wah and amp sim for my fretless bass and the gooey electric piano for the B part. The stock electric piano module is quite good, especially when you have so many effects at your fingertips to take it to the next level. I did the visuals with Magic Music Visuals.

6 Likes

I’m working on some stuff under a different artist name, but I am filming behind the scenes work.

Wanted to share my main performance rig (minus a VDR-1 that’s on backorder) using the MDX as a Swiss Army knife.

Hope all is well with you, and yours!

10 Likes

Howdy howdy fellas. Its me, Elkwrath. I did a rebrand a while back as I began my new projects and started sound designing for companies.

I’ve finally retrieved my MDX from the studio last week and got it re-installed into my cinematic rig.

Its a perfect pairing to my Soma Enner, and has been allowing me to get into some dune inspired cinematic pieces.

This track was made with my microsampling/looping board I built ages ago. I’ve been making adjustments and revisions to the board over the last week or so.

Enner into MDX, and a send out to the meris chain. I am happy to report that the entire rig is virtually silent at rest.

The MDX will have a permanent companion with the Enner, and I cant wait to build some more boards to work on my “dune inspired” cinematic pieces.

I hope all is well with you, and yours!

Enjoy :slight_smile:

P.S.
If you’re curious about the sound design work I am doing, here is the instrument I am working on factory samples and patches for, and it’ll be at at superbooth this year.

This is Oddment Audio (Owned by Ex-Apple Audio engineers who created the audio algorithms for the Vision Pro and Airpods), and they are creating a spatial audio granular synth. I can’t chat about it other than whats public facing, but if you’re a sound explorer and designer, you might dig it :slight_smile:

https://youtube.com/@oddmentaudio5754?si=gNWeRJWhF2xmUarS

11 Likes

That’s so cool!

1 Like