Chapman stick thread

Just have noticed that the MOD platform had attracted unusual amount of Chapman stick players, I’ve counted at least 14 people so far with a forum search. Considering that stick is really a rare unicorn (once I’ve heard that more Ferrari cars exist out there than sticks), so many stickists in one place is no way a coincidence :smiley:

People mentioned to have a stick according to my search through the forum:

Skydiver
DavidWS
Jeremy_Cubert
Gabry_Stick
ianr
PascalG
wolftune
Kopplog
chrispfingers
Nicola
karmakarmakarma
riverrat
Clement
ignis32

Not sure what conclusions should I make from this interesting fact, but if you have a nice stick-oriented pedalboard to share or some stick-oriented advices/lifehacks for MOD - it looks like there are other people to be interested.

8 Likes

Well it’s quite easy: since day one the Mod devices had two inputs and the possibility to build two independent signal chains for each input, plus the variable routing options making it possible to send each input to any output, mix them ore whatever.
As the Chapman stick ha two outputs (separate pickups for high and low strings) the Mod DUO was a perfect fit.
Used it a lot back in the days. Now my DUO is in the hands of Jim Lampi, one of the icons of Chapman Stick players…
M.

7 Likes

i also play Chapman Stick and bought the Mod for the specific use with the stick. I had tried the hxStomp but found the routing really unintuitive and very hard to program two distinct signal chains. The Drawf has been cool

3 Likes