Changing snapshots with midi

Hey guys,
so I have this old Ronald FC-200 output (that I used to use with my old rig) connected to my Dwarf input, now I’d like it to change Snapshots on Dwarf via MIDI messages.
I’m not seeing an obvious way, there’s so many options and everything so it’s totally overwhelming :smiley:

Thanks,
-A

Hi
On the Dwarf setting (the device, not in the webUI) you should see midi options where you van change the PC channel for changibg both pedalboards and snapshots.

Do you see this ?

Hi Rom,
yes I have set the snapshot CC midi channel to 1.
But nothing happens when I do this, should it work automatically?
(I have a pedalboard with multiple snapshots btw)

Thanks,
-A

Yes, it should…
Could you verify what if coming from your controller with the midi plugin made for this ?
(it ils un the beta section)
You may have the midi-jack not correctly plugged, or dead…

1 Like

Oh yeah I was thinking about that, what midi plugin would show me 100% if there’s any changes coming from my midi controller?

Thanks,
-A

you need the “MIDI display” plugin… it’s a beta plugin, so make sure you have “Show beta plugins” selected in the plugin store! :partying_face:

3 Likes

Oh nice!
Thanks, that’s exactly what I was searching for.

-A

2 Likes

Oh it seems I have MIDI-TRS Type B cable and not Type A!

I have three of them so I’ll “fix” one of them because it seems it’s just different wiring.

-A

4 Likes

With a little of improvised cutting, rewiring and some duck tape, it works!

Thanks for helping me debug this guys!

-A

6 Likes

Nice to hear !!! Cool that you could have found a way !

4 Likes

so how can you change snapshots via midi controller? please explain step by step. Because if I want to assign a snapshot it shows only device or signal chain, but no midi.

I didn’t assign anything, when I for example press the 3rd preset on my foot controller (in bank #0) it switches to my the 3rd preset in my currently selected pedalboard.

-A

But how do you program it? Midi has to learn what a footswitch should do.

I don’t know what kind of foot controller you have, but my old Ronald FC200 and my Voodoo Lab PX8+ both have banks and pedals and there’s nothing to program.

-A

Ok, I mainly use the Ampero Control of Hotone for all devices. It is fully prgrammeable. Normally there is a midi button in the dwarf gui, after you click assign, but not for snapshots.

you have to go into the settings on the dwarf: PC1 is the midi command for the first snapshot.

Ok, I will try. Thx!!

Hi @Cipralex. You may want to have a look at this :
https://wiki.mod.audio/wiki/Device_Settings#Sync_.26_MIDI

1 Like

I will try