Changing BPM from devices with ableton Link enabled

When I switch from Internal Midi Clock to ableton link, Mod would delete my mapping of the BPM to a knob and not let me remap/control it with this warning:

Bildschirmfoto 2023-07-04 um 02.35.50

What’s the reason for this?

I think it’s because the midi clock is listening only to the ableton tempo, so it preserve you to change it to stay in sync.

I mean usally with link every client of the network can change the tempo right?

But ok, I could live with that, but it’s very iritating that the parameter mapping is getting overriden.

Yep, it’s very annoying to discover this, especially when you’ve just saved the pedalboard and you don’t have a computer around you to make the mapping of the button and the tempo again… I’ve learned it the hard way

That is exactly what I’m dreading here!
I think I’m going to figure out some solution for my phone, so I can fix these kind of things still.
Did a test with camera connection cable yesterday, very laggy but these minor fixes could be doable.

Bluetooth dongle could also be an Idea, but it seems to be hard to find out which one works.

back to topic: is this like a bug that has to be reported?

1 Like

I don’t think it’s a bug, it’s more a functionality that is not well designed. In my opinion the assignment should stay, but be disengaged, and becoming grey while it use the external clock.
What do you think @falkTX ?

Yea this is how it works when you switch from internal to external clock