Cables displaying in front of plugins

I’ve a pedalboard and I find that often cables will be displayed in front of plugins, as in this screenshot

It seems to occur when I move a plugin around. This is not ‘tidy’ IMHO.
Is this something I’ve got configured wrong or is this just the way MOD UI does it?
If the latter I’d like to request that this behaviour is changed so that cables are always displayed behind pedals (perhaps only being displayed in front whilst moving a plugin around and then going to the back again when the drag click is released)

When you click on a plugin, you bring it and its connected cables to the forefront.

In your image, if you click on the green, red and black FluidGMs, they will be placed on top of the passing cables.

1 Like

I have seen that.
With a more complex layout (I’ve only shown part of it here)

Say I want to see what all the cables are routed for the Looperlative … I click and drag it around and I can then visually inspect the routing. But when 'm done and I put it back in the place I want it, I seem to have to go clicking through the other plugins (In it seems a specific order) to eventually get all the cable in the background again, which is a pain, and becomes more so as more plugins are added … the plugin positions themselves I select to give me a visual indication of flow and relationships so I don’t want to have to move them just to avoid cable crossing over a plugin. Would it be possible to have a ‘tidy up’ button that moved all cables behind all plugins?
Is the ‘layering’ done using z-index or simply the order of items in containers? I ask as I can see that this kind of tidy up could be done in a userscript.

5 Likes