Better pedalboard name visibility on the screen

After a few gigs and reharsal I’m starting to get used to play with the Dwarf and dance with the footswitches, the help of colors for the page navigation is very smart. But… I feel a bit insecure when the unit is on the floor, difficult to see if the chosen pedalboard or snapshot is really the right one (Probably because my eyesight isn’t what it used to be…)

A suggestion would be to have a confirmation of the choice for 1 second, as it happens during an on/off switch or a Looper Record:

For example let’s say we have a bank called SONGS LIST with our pedalboards numbered and named:

10 SONG NAME1

11 SONG NAME2

12 SONG NAME3

13 SONG NAME4

etc…

at the time of selection with the footswitch, the first 4 or 5 letters of the PB name would be magnified and visible for say one second.

Complicated ?

What do you think other Dwarf users?

Cheers

5 Likes

Im blind as a bat these days so hell yeah bigger the better.

1 Like

Still I always use the MOD on the desk and I like it smaller. How about two diffrent settings. Big and Small?

2 Likes

I understand the need @zwabo. Just mapped it on our request list :wink:

@llorenzo do you think that a setting to activate/deactivate it would be required? Wouldn’t it be just fine to have it even if you are on a desk setup?

1 Like

@jon If the big confirmation takes more time it slows the workflow.
Appart from that the UI can feel unconsistent if things change to much. For example: Changing the value of a rate 1/4, 1/8. … when turning the knob there is a big version coming up and this always gets me visually lost for a split of a second. I would be much better to keep it small and consistent. ( in that case it would also be good to have a display of the lower and the upper value and the current value in a box ) This you can also put on the Feature Change List. :wink:

I understand. As a reference, what would you say about the time that it takes when you have currently the pop-up when you turn on/off a mapped effect?

So would you say that even the pop-ups that currently existing should have an option to turn off?

Yes, I think for a fast workflow everything should be as direct and consistent as possible. PopUps are stopping the flow and is second layer. If I look at the workflow of macines like Electron or modern Synths and the videos people are posting I find their workflow is fast and immediate. It coud be seen as playing an instrument rather than just change some settings here an there. In modern devices I find the tendency towards this kind of workflow.

4 Likes

Ok. I understand. I just saved it :wink:

1 Like