BASS Premium Plugin by AIDA DSP

The joy of the MOD platform is its ability to accommodate and absorb our most insane ideas :slight_smile: The most exciting aspect for me is still the options for many, many parallel, switchable paths, having things running in series and/or parallel, using multiple cabinet sims to get the tone I want, running preamps in parallel, or sometimes even L/R using one of the width-control plugins to make sure that they arenā€™t hard L-R, but instead just giving some width.

That plus the near-infinite variability in how those things are controlled, especially when CV is brought into the mix, and itā€™s worth just seeing what mad nonsense you can conjure up and then try it out :slight_smile: 80% of my board started out as ā€˜mad nonsenseā€™ :smiley:

FWIW, I was momentarily using the AIDA plugin for preamp stuff, but then realised how much I like combining a ton of different processing to create a tone that is uniquely mine, rather than a clone of something that exists. Modular tone building is my idea of a great night in :slight_smile: Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be going back and forth with the AIDA models over time, but Iā€™m just as happy using the preamp tube IRs and speaker cabs and EQ plugins.

2 Likes

Yeah, I can absolutely see that, but itā€™s the sound most people probably have in their heads, when they think about what a bass sounds like. So it made sense for me on a developer/seller standpoint.

For myself it wouldnā€™t be that much of a problem, as the SVT is versatile enough for my clean sound needs, and Iā€™m more interested in different gain characteristics. But thatā€™s my personal preference.