Auto Input Selector / Auto Output Selector Automatic cable snaping

Hello Guys

I would like to suggest a feature for these two amazing new plugins. Would it be feasible to implement that when we release the plugin on the PB, the related cables were connected automatically?

Something like this:

Cheers

I would say that that is more of a system feature than these plugins and goes along the lines of dropping the plugin on top of the cables and automatically connecting it to that place of the chain.
I believe we all like that idea, but it’s still not on the roadmap for implementation.

2 Likes

I think these are pretty amazing as-is — I run stereo out of two of my basses so the mag has a different signal chain to the piezo, but sometimes I want to plug in a regular TS-jack bass and have the mono signal go to both signal chains.

Similarly, sometimes I run those chains into separate cabs and sometimes I use physical mini mixer to just run both signals into the FX return of a backline amp.

This combo covers me for all situations! After building a board with them I literally said out loud “they custom made these for ME!”

Anyway—while I agree that cabling them up slowed me down a little, it forced me to actually understand what they were doing, from an I/O perspective. Definitely helped with the actual physical cabling that’s still needed to make sound with it.

4 Likes

I am sure this is doable somehow.
but the plugin is useful outside of just connected to the input, by how much is the question…
maybe a special function on the plugin if double-clicking the MOD logo?
or just autoconnecting by default while allowing disconnects, I just worry about breakage when loading a pedalboard where it is not supposed to be connected (not 100% sure there is a way to tell the difference between plugin drop and pedalboard load at the moment…)

5 Likes

Hello Guys!

I confess that I never thought of them outside of just connected to the input or output.

I would say that double-clicking the MOD logo is more off an “easter-egg” than a special function ( :sweat_smile: ) but if you choose to implement autoconnecting by default, allowing disconnection will be a must!!!

1 Like

Is this planned to put these plugins by default in a new pedalboard instead of the Stereo X-Fade ? If so, this could be enough.
I’m not sure I understand the role of the latter but weren’t they used as some kind of workaround to achieve something close to the new plugins (without being “auto”) ?

2 Likes