Alt output send knobs on mixers

I use the mixer plug-ins a lot and love them. However I wish there was an auxiliary send, which was a knob, (not a button) so that you could adjust a send % like on a real mixer, instead of all or nothing. It would be very useful for dialing in effects.

2 Likes

I used the mixer a lot too, but it needs too much CPU, so I moved to volume plugins witch can be used as sends.

Without a crossfader type plug-in, I have to use 4 plug-ins to cross fade from one destination to another. That probably eats up a bunch of CPU.

2 volume plug-ins, a Control to CV plug-in, and a CV plug-in to reverse it’s output so that one volume plugin can go up while the other goes down.

Nope

I’ve been testing this, and indeed the mixers take up a lot of CPU. Which highlights another simple missing plug-in, which is a stereo volume plug-in with the ability to pan. I guess the solution is to use many mono volume plug-ins and adjust, but when I’m using CV to control the signal, this gets really messy fast!

So good tip on the Mixers CPU usage. I eliminated 3 mixers by using a bunch of Calf Mono Input plug-ins. That one seems to be the only volume type plug-in with panning. There are way, way more plug-ins being used, but my CPU has dropped by 10%.

3 Likes