A +1 mod pedal concept

I know Mod are going to have a million other priorities right now, but Here’s a cool concept none the less that I couldn’t not mock up.
A Plus 1 pedal - connects via control chain and adds 1 input, 1 output, 1 footswitch, 1 knob, 1 page button.

What do you think if this concept? I reckon it would be super handy… the dwarf is already great, but this could just extend if users want to

7 Likes

That’s a great concept, and I think all of it is immediately doable except the additional input and output. :thinking:

EDIT: hardware-wise, anyway.

1 Like

Having an additional input and output would allow a click metronome in the ear, or wet/dry/wet rigs - the main inspiration of the +1 pedal would be an addition I/O
Can audio interfaces be used with the dwarf?

2 Likes

if you mean, “can one add additional audio channels via Control Chain?”, I don’t believe that’s possible. CC is really meant for control plane type data. AFAICT, it’s RS-485

On the other hand, given your example, you could probably get timing signal from the dwarf to drive a metronome, and put a separate audio device in the expansion module. That seems like it’d take a lot of work, though. Maybe someone else here has a better idea of how to accomplish that.

1 Like

Theoretically you could attach compliant usb audio devices yes. There is currently no user friendly way to set this up, though.

It is 100% not possible to do audio i/o over ControlChain, but for additional controls something like this could be interesting.
Although just 1 switch, 1 button and 1 knob is a bit too minimal perhaps …

3 Likes

I’ve imagined daisy chaining several dwarfs via USB for no reason)

2 Likes

I would love to add Dwarf to MODX if they could work together as a one unit with 4 inputs, but it seems it is not possible…

2 Likes

MODX is a line of products from Yamaha, the MOD product is called DuoX.

Using a Dwarf as additional sound-card on a DuoX would be theoretically possible, but you would not have “one unit with 4 inputs” as all the routing would happen internally between two separate MOD environments.

Also you would of course get additional latencies when moving back and forth between the devices.

1 Like

I thought so. I will probably get Beebo and connect it to DuoX (not MODX ;)) so I will have 4 inputs and some more processing power.

1 Like

I can’t find anywhere that the Beebo can act as a class compliant usb soundcard … so good luck with that.

2 Likes

I’d rather use DuoX as a end chain device, and beebo as a input device, so I will be able to process 4 inputs and process them by duo. Offcourse I will have to sum those 4 inputs to be able send them to duo but it seems still quite useful.

2 Likes

I have a Beebo the latency is not good, the Mod latency is also not good. Combining the two might be a step too far!

p.s. There is always the Zoia, better than the Beebo in many ways and very small amounts of latency. Only 2 inputs though. The Zoia Is great by the way :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I guess that all makes sense: I’ll prob just stick a mini mixer in front of the Dwarf….

2 Likes

That is really helpfull, thx! I was curious about Beebo latency. Mods latency is not so audible to myself but I suppose DuoX plus Beebo latency would be not satisfactory. Zoia is interesting but no visual editor is a bummer for me.

1 Like