100€ to spend in plugins

Thanks for the advice man!

1 Like

Hi @Techno,
I’m not a big delay user but on your list, I would go for the Gaffa Delay. It definitely has a warm character you won’t find in the alternative delay plugins.

In order to build your base tone, you should try some of the latest overdrive pedals : the Overjay, The Rude and the Plexi Breed sound good without much in the effect chain. Try them with a cab sim. The GxTiltTone plugin can add more control to the character (Eq and drive) depending on the guitar you use. You might find you don’t even need a fancy amp sim that could eat a lot of CPU.

I don’t know if you plan to use a looper but the Looperlative LP3 Basic is worth a try.

Don’t forget to try the free plugins. You may be surprised and find some that best suit your needs. For instance, my favorite amp sim is the Onyx, which is the most CPU-friendly and very versatile.

By the way, I’m a big Radiohead fan too. :wink:

4 Likes

All this is super useful. Thank you so much!

1 Like

the Gaffa and the Shiroverb are among my most-used pedals. Definitely agreed on thinking about CPU usage and what type of pedalboards you’re going to be creating… I think RMPro is fantastic, but I never use it because it’s pretty resource-intensive, and I’m more inclined to use tools in my DAW than running anything I’m working on there back through my Dwarf for RMPro. Maybe if I can get the desktop MOD app working I’d use it more.

2 Likes

Hi, I m trying to buy from the plugin store but I m redirect to “coming soon” page after check out link, anyone experiencing the same, or anyone able to proceed the checkout ?
I have no answer from Mod admin in 2 days … thanks

Thanks! Gaffa and Shiroverb seem to be a must. @deniz I hope it gets fixed soon!

1 Like

So you are facing the same problem ? (Coming soon redirect)

I haven’t tried that yet. Still trying to figure out what I want :candy::lollipop:.

I have read about similar problems in the forum in other posts tho. Maybe try a different browser? Don’t quote me on this but I think Safari was a problem in some cases?

I have the same problem and I didn’t receive any answer from MOD

@falkTX @gianfranco are you aware that some people have problems with paying for plugins?

1 Like

I am looking into it. We made no changes to the shop in the last weeks, so it is kinds of strange the behaviour people are having.

I’m guessing you are on macOS using Safari? I believe there is an issue with this browser.

Try using Chrome/ium or Firefox.

I’m seeing the issue with Firefox on Linux.

ok! then there is definitely something wrong :crying_cat_face:

It should be fixed now.

Can you guys confirm?

I can confirm that I am taken to the normal checkout page where I can enter payment information. Thanks!
(Firefox on Linux)

1 Like

I’m glad the thread helped helped someone else!

Coming back to your original question :sweat_smile:

I’ve bought the JCVM and some cab-sims. Can’t say whether Marsh or Recto are “better”. Both include some nice IRs.
I can recommend those three (JCVM, Marsh, Recto) as a “bread’n’butter” package

2 Likes

Thank you! JVCM sounded great when I tried it. :love_you_gesture:t6:

So updating on this… I just got my candy! :candy::lollipop:

• Gaffa delay: it really does what you guys told me and I’m loving it :heart_eyes:
  • Shiroverb: same as above.
  • Tweaker: love the versatility and the bright channels. I can use regular NAM profiles with the DuoX but it keeps up with most stuff I’ve tried and it’s a great benchmark when trying other models.
  • Marsh cabs: they all sound great and so easy to use (looking for the perfect IR in the sea of captures is so annoying).

I hope this helps anyone in my situation in the future.

I still like the RMPro because it can fix a sound that is not there yet. However I found that I could match what it does by tweaking things a bit more. I still consider it as a great saving time tool. Maybe I’ll get it in the future.

Thanks again to all who helped me choosing!

4 Likes