What's Your Pedalboard Building Process?

That sounds like amazing stuff @brummer ! I can’t wait to play around with them :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I do rock as well :smiley: and guitars with a light drive/“edge of breakup” sound to it… That’s just next phase for me :smiley:

4 Likes

You’re teasing again! :smiley:

2 Likes

I would say that is a bit of a matter of perspective. Maybe you can show 3 or 4 different methods. In the end, it’s a suggestion and as someone said once “the rules exist to be broken” :wink: in this case, it’s not even a rule :slight_smile:

By the way, thank you for the initiative, it really seems cool and along the lines of what we need some pushes from the community :slight_smile:

On this one, I understand you @Austin73 and even agree. However, something that we have been understanding is how hard is to communicate something that “does everything”. So I feel that the approach of “look how you do this with this thing! Oh and by the way, you can also do these million other things” is a good one, it gives some framing that is necessary in earlier stages in order to not get overwhelmed (IMO).

This sounds like a good approach. It can always be increased and doesn’t really become obsolete. And again, the idea seems to be catching the curiosity of one thing and then offering as well the others (I’m saying this both on a sales approach, but also to new users. I believe this could help them tacking the learning curve).

Love the approach! :slight_smile:

Yes. I agree with this one. Altough the Pedalboard feed needs some love and attention, sharing the pedalboards will be always helpful.

2 Likes

I tend to do it at three levels - there is the experimental part, which is maybe just taking a plugin, putting it on a single board and trying it out (currently doing that with DIE and sf2 files) - and I tend to name these EXP:BOARDNAME

Then there is the exploratory part - I have an idea of a sound in my head (e.g 80s flangy fuzz reverb - cocteau twins, souxsie, the cure etc) - then I go listening to sound on my “gallery” boards (a looper connected to loads of switches to route the sound) see:

That might get me closer to how I want the sound - or make me rethink completely.

Finally I put it all together into a board called LIVE:BOARDNAME - which for me represents “stable” boards - which I would be ok to play in public. I still haven’t done so yet, but it should happen soon!

10 Likes