Used Duo/Duo X

I highly recommend some form of Launchpad (Launchpad X or Pro). That’s how I started as a guitar player without learning to play piano. ^^
You can also look at my pedalbaorad and start with the build-in sequencers.

1 Like

Thank you! Can’t wait to start trying out pedalboards. That one looks great!

I got the DuoX today! I only had time to turn it on, set the user settings and try the guitar presets:

THANK YOU SO MUCH TO WHOEVER CREATED THE GUITAR PRESETS THAT COME WITH THE UNIT! :partying_face:

Lol sorry they just sounded great immediately and the mapping of the knobs so useful! I’m just used to the presets being so disappointing… the classic/vintage was immediately Gilmour tone! :smiling_face_with_tear:

I haven’t even connected it to the computer yet and I hope it does ok. It can be a rabbit hole so we’ll see. Haven’t even heard what it sounds like with AidaX!:melting_face:

Also thanks thanks thanks a lot to whoever named the cabs as Spoon Garden and stuff like that. Makes things so much easier.

8 Likes

Hi all! I just tried to connect my DuoX to the computer and I can’t access the GUI. I’m trying Chrome and Firefox on WIndows 10. DuoX version is 1.9.2.

I read something about rebooting the device and I tried several times but no results. I noticed that first time I started the DuoX it was already connected to the computer and it wouldn’t go past the splash screen (on the device LDCs) but this only happened the first time.

Ping to the device times out every time. :frowning:

Any help?

Did you try to close the browser and disconnect? That helps me, but you might have to upgrade it to 1.13 manually. You`ll find instructions on the ModDuoX wiki.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. I just tried it and it didn’t work. :frowning:

Okay I installed the driver and now it’s working!

4 Likes

Okay so I’m updating this with my experience so far.

I started testing the AidaX and NAM amps along with the IRs and well, you know how it is :dizzy_face:. But hey the sounds are great and I’m really excited with the potential. The AidaX Fender and a Dirty Shirley in NAM immediately stole my heart. Also the Ibanez amp model by @malfunction54 is great :heart_eyes:.

I admit I’m struggling a little setting the effects as I’d like. Many of them don’t come with factory presets and it takes time to figure out what they can do (at least that’s my experience). I was trying to set a simple slapback delay (without any modulation) and I gave up after trying 3 or 4 times lol. I know it’s silly but I’ll get there for sure :sweat_smile:.

I absolutely love the tiny gain pedals! So so useful! Which reminds me I have a question… I saw in other pedalboards that the text on the LCD for the assigned button to activate them says “+5 dB boost” but when I mapped it in my pedalboard I don’t see where I can edit the text and it appears just as “tiny gain”. Not very important anyway…

Next time I sit down with it I’ll try to replicate some of my base sounds to use with the bands and after that I’ll start messing around with midi :face_with_peeking_eye: and see if my old POD HD500X can serve as a controller (also its expression pedal).

I’d like to get some good stuff from the plugin store and by now the things that caught my eye are the Marsh IR loader and that Gaffa delay that seems to be so popular. We’ll see…

I really didn’t mean to type that much :sweat:lol. Thanks a lot if you actually read it all!

In terms of renaming the tiny gains, use Advanced Settings to do so. MOD Web GUI User Guide - MOD Wiki (If you scroll up from that part of the wiki you can see where the “Advanced” button is when assigning.) I don’t have a Duo X, so I just have experience doing this on the Dwarf.

2 Likes

Thank you!! I love that feature! I’m obviously gonna type something goofy and childish like “Give em hell” or something like that :yum: