Profiler

Here we go:

7 Likes

I’m building this when I get home!! Thanks!!

I really like this integrated approach for this feature

4 sine sweeps at different levels would do the job in finding the best dynamic (my 2c)

3 Likes

Me to :smiley:

However, I don’t know currently when I’ll find time to do this integration.
But I think we could have both. For now best option in my opinion will be to add this plug with it’s MOD-UI first. As soon I could I’ll implement it in the mod-controller in a way that you could decide the mode (web-ui or mod-controller-ui) to use it yourself.

4 Likes

Okay with the roadmap

I’ve moved the project over to use the DPF framework (by @falkTX ). Thus allow to build binary’s for various platforms.
Those of you been curious could download binary’s for desktop use here:

disclaimer: I don’t know if the binary’s for macos works as expected, as far I know there might be issues with the UI.

I still work on to get this thing into the MOD store as well. :smiley:

14 Likes

Hi @brummer any progress on getting this into MOD store? I’d love to try it!
Or alternatively, can I build this locally? I tried but I get compile errors. I’m new to MOD dev so that might be it.

Thanks for all you do!

Best,
-A

Unfortunately not. But for the multi OS Desktop version I just pushed a updated release which should fix some GUI related issues. You could get the latest ready to use binaries here:

When you try to build it yourself and have issues, please report them on the github issue page.

Still I like to push this to the MOD store, but it needs some more work to be done.

2 Likes

We have released a desktop version of our software. Ideally we publish this on beta and also add to the plugin collection of the desktop app.

@brummer for the deskotp I suppose you already have it running right?

1 Like

Yes, thanks to DPF, it runs as LV2 and VST3 on macOS, Windows and Linux. I still need to integrate the MOD interface there. Other than that, ready to use binaries in the link above.
The first one I made for the MOD, it was former LV2 only, has a naming license issue, so we cant use it as it is.

2 Likes

I have forked and renamed all the necessaries for that plugin. Do you want a PR to save time?

2 Likes

Hi @micahvdm

Thanks, it was more about integrating the infrastructure, to build and install the MOD UI, into the build system I use with the new DPF based build.
But, I’ve just done that now and pushed a pull request to the mpb. If all goes well, it may arrive next time in the testing store.
Other than that, I plan to delete the old “neuralrecord.lv2” repository as it is obsolet. You may then have the only online copy of it.

2 Likes

Ok cool, any functional differences between the two?

Only marginal. I removed the Clip indicator (the peek meter shows anyway when it clips), I use a different uri to indicate that it is a different plug, and I implemented some more error messages for the case something goes wrong, to give better information to the user.
Also I stabilized the round-trip measurement routine and some parts needs to be reworked to make it cross platform buildable.

Thanks @brummer it works perfectly! Awesome job!
(I built a local mod-dwarf-build docker image, run it, pulled git repo to latest, built the neuralrecord and installed it to the dwarf)
I built a model with ESR: 0.044 even though there was LOT of “digital” noise at the amp input.
I’m not sure if I need a DI for this or not - I just run the Dwarf’s output directly to the amp input and the fx out to the Dwarf input and it worked. I’ll have to find a way to deal with this digital noise thing and I’m golden.

-A

2 Likes

Did you try to

• use a different power supply, without earth pin? (did a lot for me)
  • plug in a device in between that lifts the ground (often a separate switch). I did that with a Lehle passive splitter I have and it had great effect as well
2 Likes

Thanks for the info!
I haven’t had the time to dwell into noise fixing just yet. But overall I’m pretty impressed by the Dwarf, I was genuinely afraid of the 8ms lag but It feels great and that’s all that matters.

-A

4 Likes